Transmitters and MK17/H50-D - observation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMyMyOHellYes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok - farting around with trying some new gear - I picked up an H50-D to use on a pony bottle and recently acquired a new MK17evo/G260. So on an upcoming trip to RTB, I intend to dive the ScoobuhPro primary and carry the H-50 w/XL4 second on the pony. I'll swap them out sometime during the week just to see how both configurations breathe for me.

I did a test fit today and noted that the MK17 does not work with the SW Swift transmitter. Not enough room. I mount the Swifts directly on the first and have a strong dislike for mounting the transmitter on a hose (I want the most compact setup I can get - less dangly things flopping around or sticking out). Please do not offer advice to put the transmitters on hoses, regardless of how much you may love the configuration and think it's the perfect solution for everybody because that's your solution. Or any other reason. Hose=non-starter.

I find that if you pull back the strain relief collars, it works - the MK17 has about 1mm clearance and the H50 (with the original MK17 port config) offers about 3mm of clearance. I probably should just ditch those things anyway as I don't think they offer anything other than aesthetics and advertising for the manufacturer and I don't think the eagle rays or seahorses give a frack about how my hose connections look. Also eliminates places to trap water and corrode metal.

I've got to replace the StoopidPro LP reg hose anyway because of their retarded spline nut connectors (really? you guys need to be ashamed about that spline configuration thing....). I'll porbably put a Miflex on there naked.

OMMOHY

Your 17 EVO should have come with a fitting to space the transmitter a little bit away from the body so it clears the hose, better to just change the hoses to get better lengths anyway.

Your 17 EVO should have come with a fitting to space the transmitter a little bit away from the body so it clears the hose, better to just change the hoses to get better lengths anyway.
Thanks - will require two per reg. I'll take a look and see if I wanna do that or just accept the tiny clearance gap without.

OMMOHY

Back
Top Bottom