Transplate Harness Fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wgw04024

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

This isn't so much of a complaint as an observation on the fit of my harness on myself.

It seems if I lower the backplate farther down on my back, I don't have hardly any slack in my manual inflator hose. If I keep it high, my 2nd stage hits the back of my head if I look forward, and the belt isn't quite as low on my waist as i'd like, it's more around my stomach. I only mention this because in photos i see online about fit, it seems somehow the people in the photos have achieved both, but I can't seem too. I'm 6', 220. Is there possibly a longer hose I can use for the inflator? I know this might require a picture of it on.

Thanks,
Bill

the backplate should be positioned identical to that of a standard backplate. If you need to get a longer corrugated hose for the inflator, then you can replace it with one of these
Corrugated Hoses | Dive Gear Express®

that said, it shouldn't be all that short, you aren't supposed to have that much slack in there.... Post a picture of you wearing the rig if possible

Hi,

This isn't so much of a complaint as an observation on the fit of my harness on myself.

It seems if I lower the backplate farther down on my back, I don't have hardly any slack in my manual inflator hose. If I keep it high, my 2nd stage hits the back of my head if I look forward, and the belt isn't quite as low on my waist as i'd like, it's more around my stomach. I only mention this because in photos i see online about fit, it seems somehow the people in the photos have achieved both, but I can't seem too. I'm 6', 220. Is there possibly a longer hose I can use for the inflator? I know this might require a picture of it on.

Thanks,
Bill
Get a longer hose. Most I've seen come with 12 inch, I put 16 inch one on mine. Easy to install or have your LDS do it. Use big guys have larger bodies so routing back to front may require longer gear. I can locate my inflator/deflator MUCH easier with the longer hose. Added longer hose on my Halcyon Eclipse too.

...and the belt isn't quite as low on my waist as i'd like, it's more around my stomach
Where your belt ends up depends in part on how far forward or backward the chest strap pieces go on the waist belt. From memory, if your waist strap isn't low enough, move the chest strap fitting on the waist strap farther back and closer to the backplate. But this is from putting my petite wife into an XL TransPlate I picked up used. You may need to move the chest strap fitting away from the backplate. Try to experiment with setup to understand the relationship between positioning the chest strap fitting and where your waist buckle ends up

Ok, so first I'd like to apologize for how long it's been since I commented.

Now, I think I've fixed most of my issues by turning my mk25 first stage to the lower position. I like the way everything is now, except when I turn my head to the left, with the reg in my mouth, the hose is going to want to drag across my shoulder. I guess I could move the tank up a little, but any other options? I'll attach a picture with the bpw on. Suggestions?

Thanks!
Bill
IMG_0511.JPG

Ok, looks odd, but now I see it's a mirror image.
Sliding the tank up a little will help or you can rotate the 1st stage reg about 30° to raise the 2nd stage hoses slightly. I assume you have your primary on the center port, & aux/oct on the swivel.
It will drop your spg side slightly which is OK.

Last edited:
I think your inflator length is OK. You really only need it to be long enough so you can operation the inflator and drysuit valve at the same time. If you go longer, the inflator will dangle well below your body when you are in horizontal position.

You're probably right. I'll just leave it alone for now. Thanks for the replies!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom