Travel advice needed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Briang BC

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be arriving in Auckland with my wife (non-diver) and 10 month old son (diver-in-training) Jan. 10 for 5 weeks.Diving is not the sole purpose of this trip. There is no sole purpose for this trip, but I do plan on getting in some diving of course. I am un-sure of what gear to bring. I was thinking I would bring my BCD, regs, mask and small fins if I can find some. Going assuming I will rent all my gear sounds more expensive than I would like. Are affordable rentals easy to find? Should I bring all my gear except tanks/weight? Yes, I am that cheap; but not so cheap as to not buy someone who is interested in showing a tourist around a few cold ones!Most of my diving will probably be shore dives, there must be a local guide book? Suggetions for favourite shore dives welcome!I hope to buy a van (yes, a little cliché) so we can explore some! If someone has a semi-camperized van, tank, weight belt, and wet suit (6' 150lbs) for sale let me know!We are not seasoned travelers and this is somewhat of a short notice trip, so I have limited time for planning.I value local knowledge and advice!BrianVancouver, British Columbia , Canadabriang@(remove this)telus.net

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom