Travel and diving tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roxanne,

You forgot the kitchen sink!!!!

Socks/hose??????? Really?????? I'm taking flip flops and dress flip flops only!!!
Trust me, she has a portable kitchen sink, she just didn't put it on the list. :D :D :D

Roxanne,

You forgot the kitchen sink!!!!

Socks/hose??????? Really?????? I'm taking flip flops and dress flip flops only!!!

I like to be organized (can’t you tell) so I have a travel checklist on file that I printout. That way, I don’t have to think too much about remembering what I need. The list includes everything that might be needed.
If somethings on the list don’t apply to this trip, I just cross it off.

Silly girl! You doubt the great and organized OZ? Just kidding. :D
This list is for anytime we travel. Sometimes we go places like Vegas, weddings and such. For this trip I will cross off the hose.

Trust me, she has a portable kitchen sink, she just didn't put it on the list. :D :D :D

Don't either one of you girls ask me for anything. :no: Especially you Jenny!

:d :d :d

No need, I'm packing a full size washer and dryer in my carry on!

Excellent, LuLu needs a double (or triple) dose of your spa. :mooner:

I "flamed" my mask today. Then, I wore it in the shower to make sure it didn't fog!!! Success!:dork2:

OMG - I just did this to my mask - I METLED THE SILICONE SKIRT!!!!

lol, nah - this trick works a charm!! I gave it a good flame for quite a while, cleared the soot away, and this mask just WONT fog now!! I put it on and breathed hard though my nose a few times - NO FOG!! Took it off and breathed on it some more - NO FOG!! Absolutely none, not even a teeny tiny bit of it!! Before I torched it, just a small exhale through the nose and I couldn't see a damned thing out of it. I'm completely shocked and amazed by this trick - thanks a ton for the advice!!!!!

Edit: I just tried it again and it did fog a little bit... probably because the first time I tried, the glass was still pretty hot. Either way, it's WAY less severe than before, and it goes away much quicker too.

Just a reminder..... :D

DON'T FORGET These Items!
Airline tickets/ Hotel info for going and return flights
Passports (I also make a copy of it and put it in my carry on)
Driver’s License or if you don’t have one, some other form of picture ID.
Certification Cards (Down load Dive Paradise form and fill it out ahead of time)

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/invade-cozumel-june-12-19-2011/376692-dive-paradise-website.html
DAN and Health Insurance Cards
Credit Cards (call you card company, let them know when and where you’ll traveling)
(Some CC company charge an extra fee for transactions when out of the country)
Small Bills (1’s, 5’s, 10’s and 20’s go a long way)
Prescription Medication (keep it in the prescription bottle with your name on it)
Over the counter medications that you may need
(You can find a lot of the same products in Cozumel, but the packaging may look different and the instruction will probably be in Spanish)
Sunscreen (biodegradable if possible for the coral reefs health)
Sunglasses (polarized are better for gazing into the water)
Hats
Bug spray (if the bugs find you tasty)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom