Travel Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was also particularly interested in the insurance on my "stuff" since I check a bit of my gear.
You likely already are paying to insure "your stuff" via your home owner's policy. Dive gear is just another possession like golf (not gold!) clubs, a big screen tv or a bicycle or your clothes.

My stuff is not insured while travelling on my homeowner's insurance. But when we were robbed in Equador (memory cards and passports) requiring travel back to Quito and a whole new return flight (because you can't fly transit through the US in a temporary EU emergency passport issued by a consulate) I was glad inhad it. Ditto when my girldfriend's house in Tanzania was burgled (she was working as a volunteer MD in the hospital there) and they stole her laptop. Even if nothing happens for the next 10 years of cover we still come out ahead in monetary terms. Maybe we were unlucky, but its worth the peace of mind for me.

In Dan's policy:

Where to present a claim
All claims should be submitted to the plan administrator:

CSA travel protection
P.o box 939057
San Diego, CA

So, the Dan insuranc is also CSA!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom