Travel planning to Little Cayman presuming an opening by December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidFL

Wide-eyed nube in the Pub
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
UPDATE: Sort of a false alarm. The Clearly Cayman reservation people called Cayman Airways. Turns out all Saturdays were blacked out on the Cayman Airways reservation system. By the time the story was relayed to me it was something like "for some reason, they didn't restore Saturdays to the schedule when they restarted the schedule after the Cayman Government lifted one of the travel bans"; which really doesn't make much sense, because why would you restore all the days but Saturday.....but in the scope of problems generated in today's virus apocalypse, that particular bug is probably still in the noise.

Still good advice to go all the way through trying to put complete air bookings together with completed lodging/food bookings with completed dive package bookings if you can.

======================= original post follows:
A small group of six of us started putting together a trip to Little Cayman Beach Resort for December, 2020, from Saturday 12/5 to Saturday 12/12. The group is dispersed all over, so took us several emails to settle on rooms, dive packages, and we all put down a deposit.

My "go to" trip insurance for diving has suspended issuing policies. Before starting a search for other possible trip insurance, I decided to try to get the full cost of the trip together, so I decided to book flights.

The Cayman Airways website showed me "no flights" for 12/5 and for 12/12. I don't know if that means they aren't operating that day, or all their flights for the regular Saturday to Saturday 'packages' are already booked.

At any rate, I managed to book Cayman Airways flight to Little Cayman on 12/4 and returning on 12/13, and then connect up Delta flights to/from Grand Cayman to match up. But then I checked with the resort, and they are sold out on 12/4. Which leads me to believe that the problem is that the pent up demand is way ahead of us.

Trying to workout a solution now with the resort; just wanted to post a heads-up that may apply to other destinations as well; you sort of need to simultaneously sort out all the aspects of your plan, including confirming air reservations to the extent you can (given that there are still government restrictions on these flights and the potential for various other government-issued restrictions at the start, finish, and any stopovers on your plan.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom