Traveler vs. Eclipse/Infinity series

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks yellowdog! The dealer I contacted confused me with the BP switching options. In that case, the 'Adventurer' set may be what I'm looking for. I can get the light setup right out of the box and swap to a SS plate using the same wing. I see the wing from the adventurer has both, normal holes and the cam straps holes.

Halcyon Adventurer Plus Carbon Fiber Wing System

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Thanks yellowdog! The dealer I contacted confused me with the BP switching options. In that case, the 'Adventurer' set may be what I'm looking for. I can get the light setup right out of the box and swap to a SS plate using the same wing. I see the wing from the adventurer has both, normal holes and the cam straps holes.

Halcyon Adventurer Plus Carbon Fiber Wing System

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Yes I think so. You should call Halcyon directly if possible to make sure but you should be correct. I know the Adventurer / Traveler Pro Wing is a two layer, bladder plus outer shell and I think it is just an Eclipse wing with slots but not 100% sure. In any case you can use the Traveler Pro wing on any of the Halcyon plates.

I know the Adventurer / Traveler Pro Wing is a two layer, bladder plus outer shell and I think it is just an Eclipse wing with slots but not 100% sure.
According to my preferred gear pusher, that's just what it is. Unless they've been able to get a special order with Halcyon, in which case it's only so for the version they're selling. But IIRC, I've read something to that effect on Halcyon's website sometime.

I used this thread to help decide which model to get and settled that I wouldn't have a detachable wing on the Traveler Pro.

Turns out the Pro does have a fully detachable wing. FYI
IMG_20190824_155544.jpg

Back
Top Bottom