Traveling with a Video Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RickSp

Reaction score
How do most folks pack or carry their video housings when traveling by plane? I always carry my PD150 as a carry on in a camera bag. I am thinking about putting it in its Ikelite housing and bringing it aboard as a carry on as well? Good idea? bad idea? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

I pack all my camera gear in a pelican case that I check into baggage, because it's too big to carry on. I use the TSA locks so that they can open it and re-lock it when they're done. This isn't the ideal way to go, but everything's insured.

xSandman3:
I pack all my camera gear in a pelican case that I check into baggage, because it's too big to carry on. I use the TSA locks so that they can open it and re-lock it when they're done. This isn't the ideal way to go, but everything's insured.

Thanks for the response. I have been considering buying a proper case for the housing. A Pelican box of the right size would be too large to check. I find that if I remove the handles and weight from my housing it fits with some room to spare in a rolling carry on. I can imagine that it will take some time getting through security, but at this point that is how I am leaning.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom