Treasure Detectors.......!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheGame

New
Reaction score
I'm new member....and i want some help about Treasure Detectors..??!!!
My Question is what is best of treasure detectors...???!!!
i want detector with low price and good performance ....???
plzzz help me.....!!!

Welcome, but because you're asking a question such as this, you'll probably get moved to the gear section. I'm not sure, but be careful. Not all treasure is of the silver & gold kind. There haven't been to many successful treasure hunters blinded by the desire to find gold. Granted, Mel Fisher did it, but he also went bankrupt twice in the process! If you're talking recreational "treasure hunting" and not wanting to get too serious, a decent UW metal detector will run about $1000. Good luck and happy hunting.

TheGame:
I'm new member....and i want some help about Treasure Detectors..??!!!
My Question is what is best of treasure detectors...???!!!
i want detector with low price and good performance ....???
plzzz help me.....!!!

Whoa, dude. Too much punctuation. Try decaf.

There are no treasure detectors, there are lots of metal detectors. They detect screws, bottle caps, cigarette foil, pieces of wire and the occasional coin. Here's a link to one of the best priced distributors with a huge inventory.

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/indexmain.htm

Welcome to ScubaBoard :D

Finding stuff underwater (or on land for that matter) is a complex combination of skills and equipment.

The most important thing usually comes first and that is research. If you know what you are looking for and about where it is likely to be you will be much more likely to find it.

Once you know what you are looking for and where you are going to be looking you can start selecting equipment.

The equipment will be different between salt and fresh water, deep/shallow, large search area with a large target, small area with small targets, looking for metal or wood/pottery, and lots of other factors.

If you tell us what sort of treasure you are interested in we can tell you more.
Remember, real treasure hunter/finders spend large amounts of time/money in court defending what they find.

Thank you guys 4 Replying.... :07:
I'm new diver and i want detector for fun....like finding coins and old metal....and my diving in salt water and it wil be near wrecks and near beach about 15 meters and 25-35 feets.....i want it with low price and high results.... so what is a detector i must take it..... :06: ???!!! plssss help meeeee....

For salt water, a pulse induction machine is a good choice as it ignores the conductivity of the salt water.

There are a fair number of older PI machines out there for less than $200 or so that will do fine.

As for results that comes from both learning the machine and parcticing to develope skill and doing research so that you are looking in the right places.

There are lots of books on the subject. I suggest reading anything by Charles Garrett and also Marx (he wrote Treasure recovery from sand and sea). The more you read and study the easier it gets. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom