Tried my new mask yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyklon_300

Contributor
Reaction score
Replaced a high-volume 4-window clear frame mask with a black skirt, low volume Zealge Ebon ($35 at LP). I had SeaVision install the Rx lens that I needed and then added a Dive Optyx gauge reader and slapstrap.

Tried it for the first time yesteday and noted the following:

The black skirt was not distracting, in fact in seemed to make what was in my field of vision more distinct than the clear frame model.

The low volume aspect is great, just needed a puff of air to clear it instead of the multiple full-bore efforts for the high volume unit.

The Rx works fine and the gauge reader easily resolves the numbers on my instruments...I intentionally flooded the mask several times and the stick-on lens is still there, no problems.

The slapstrap is cool (I always thought they were dork before trying one)...snap to adjust when changing to using a hood, and very comfy on the ol' gourd.

Bottom line is that I'm glad I made the switch...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom