Trimix Buckets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CWK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm discussing with my tec instructor about doing the TDI trimix course (normoxic, 60M) next month. I may, or may not, follow this up with the TDI advanced trimix course (hypoxic, 100M) depending on the diving opportunities available for trimix divers.

As I am generally not well informed about trimix diving locations, I'd be grateful if trimix divers could share their trimix bucket list dives. These should be dives that not only require trimix, but there should also be local dive operations with trimix guides.

Thanks

I don't know of any charter operations in North America that provides "guides" (like a divemaster?) or buddies for 40m+ trimix dives. Everyone has their own way of doing things and while I sometimes do dive with new buddies at trimix depths normally you'd be expected to bring your own or arrange ahead of time to buddy up with someone.

Reactions: CWK
Jesser Canyon, looking for Coelacanth (108m) - Sodwana Bay
Arch, Blue Hole (~80m)- Dahab
Wreck diving the Oceanos (100M) of Transkei's Wild Coast
Wreck Diving HMS OTUS (105m) - Durban
Truk Lagoon

Not sure about the guides.

We have three local wrecks on the east coast of UAE (Ines 72m, Anita 80m and U533 110m) the latter two require hypoxic training.

My current bucket list includes the Blue Hole in Dahab, Truk Lagoon in Micronesia as well as HMS Prince of Wales and HMS Repulse in Malaysia.

I dived HMS Hermes in Sri Lanka last year, which didn't work out so well as I ended up with 3 instabuddies on OC due to my other buddies who were on rebreathers doing their own thing.

When it comes to tech diving make sure you have at least one buddy diving with you who knows how you dive and is going to stick with you. You need to be at least capable of self sufficiency before you start a tech course.

Having done Truk last year (awesome BTW), and doing the HMHS Britannic this year, my bucket list is thinning down. I also wanted to dive the Prince of Wales and Repulse, but heard they're in such a bad state now it's not worth doing. Great lakes is probably next on my to-do list.

You need to define a trimix dive though, anything sub 30m is trimix for GUE, others might be happy on air to 50+. Lot of diving in between those depths!

Looks like I need to find a buddy to dive trimix with. I’m happy diving on air to 55m, but think I should be equally happy to switch to trimix for anything below 40m.

Wreck of the Oriskany....photos/video below the flight deck level looking up at the bow catapult bridal arrestor extensions; looking up at the rounddown at the stern; and looking into the hangar bay from one or more deck edge elevators

@CWK I frequently visit Malaysia as my other half is from Penang and I generally try to get a week away from the family to dive. In the past my daughter and I have been to Sipidan (actually I dived there a week after she was born in 1992), and Redang. Looking at Tengol and have been wondering if I should venture there next year. My daughter did a lot of shark research around Malaysia last year for FIN print but didn't recommend Tioman for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom