Trimix Firmware 4.0 and Mares Icon HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Omisson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
At Beneath the Sea the Mares booth said that firmware 4.0 permitting Tec uses was to be released shortly and a third party- Trimix upgrade would be available-

costs, release date, updates?

As far as I am aware (straight from a Mares rep in Italy) Mares dropped any firmware support for the Icon HD as soon as the Icon Net Ready was released. I wouldn't count on any updates for the HD - ever. Left me in a lurch. I bought the HD a bit before the Net Ready came out. Both had an error in the firmware for the nitrox planning (and maybe other areas). They released a firmware update for the Net Ready but not for the HD. They completely abandoned the HD. I'd be careful what you buy from Mares if they plan to release a newer version in the near future.

I meant the HD Net Ready

From where?

Dan-O

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

I can't understand a word they say, but the 4.0 screen has a different look to it. No visual on anything about Trimix
[video=youtube;qwM2qkO6DEA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwM2qkO6DEA[/video]

Naboodiver, can you give us the link to download the version 4 ????? Please

Just loaded it.. Man a few changes in the dive display. You can see it on the video (I don't understand much of what is said either)... Have not had time to play with it but I can tell you the firmware upgrade reset everything including the pairing of the transmitter (damn).

Here is the link
Software - Downloads - Mares

My understanding was firmware 4.0 would permit third party software ability - including a Trimix algorithm - any info on that ?

Dan-O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom