Trip Report: BlackBeard’s Cruises 24-30 May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know this is an old thread, but instead of making a new one, just curious if anyone is going to be on Blackbeard's for the May 20-26 trip coming up?

Random question. What temperature would you say the bunks were at night?

It probably varies with the location of the bunk. My husband and I had to share a bunk in the galley. It was air conditioned but there were two of us crammed into a small space and it was hot. There was a lot of activity in that area during the day and into the night. The room was busy with food prep and camera maintenance and the only head was right off the galley. I remember it being quite warm.

If I ever went on another Blackbeard's cruise I would insist on my own bunk and not in the galley. You should really research the locations of the bunks and find one that is consistently reported as comfortable.

Random question. What temperature would you say the bunks were at night?
I would say that the bunks in the forward compartments are quite cool, about 70 degrees. You don't get cold at night, but if you go down wet after diving, you'll be cold.

If you do get cold, I'm sure the crew would be happy to provide another blanket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom