Trip Report - Blue Angel April/May 2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I had one complaint with Coz, it's walking around downtown. I hate to be rude, but I'm about done with the guys trying to sell me cigars and vanilla and t-shirts. 10 days of that is my limit. I try to be nice, but my patience is waning.

IMG_2407_zpsxnicdcoa.jpg

When I was in Cozumel a couple of years ago, I had a vendor try to sell me several things:

1. first he wanted to sell me a hash pipe and I said no
2. then he wanted to sell me some hash and I said no
3. then he wanted to sell me some cocaine and I said no :shocked2:
4. finally he tried to sell me his sister :shakehead:

Over the times I have been in Cozumel, I have found several vendors that I will deal with. On my first trip in 2009
I had one of the vendors approach me. I politely told him I would be in Cozumel for two weeks, and would visit his shop before I left. Every time he saw me when I was downtown he would ask how my holiday was going, and how the diving was. He never tried to sell me anything. Before I left for home, I made good on my promise, visited his shop, and bought a number of souvenirs to take home.

I realize that people have to make a living, but like H2ODoc it wears thin on my patience as well when I am constantly approached to buy something I am not interested in (especially cigars and other tobacco products). I think for my next trip I am going to have a t-shirt made that says "I am NOT from a cruise ship".

Stay safe and dive safe !!

Divegoose :)

Thanks for the review, H2ODoc. How did you get from the BAR to downtown for dinners, etc? Taxis? Not sure exactly where BAR is. Thanks, Dan

Thanks for the review, H2ODoc. How did you get from the BAR to downtown for dinners, etc? Taxis? Not sure exactly where BAR is. Thanks, Dan

Somedays, we walked both ways. About 20 minutes? Seemed longer when it was hot.
Somedays, we taxi'd into town, then walked off dinner on the way back.

Be sure to ask the taxi the cost when you get it. Should be about $4. Sometimes, they quoted $7, and I said "$7? How about $4?"

A beach cruiser bicycle would have been ideal for the trip, but I didn't find a place to rent them for the week.

Back
Top Bottom