Trip Report Cozumel Invasion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron G. I am not sure why you have the impression you have.

Keith, as I said, it's only an impression.

I've tried to get an sense of the groups based on online photos and comments. I'd agree with you that they seem to be 30's - 50's (I'm 63, but that's close enough).

I've been on several dive trips, some as a single, some with a LDS group and a couple with my wife. The trips have been to Coz, Roatan, and a couple liveaboards. On all those trips, the large majority of divers seemed to have dinner, then disappear to their rooms....mostly to get to bed early.

The trip photos I've seen seem to represent a much livelier crowd. (In fact, I can't remember seeing a single photo of tired divers heading off to bed after dinner. Go figure. :)

Another SB'er sent me a PM echoing what you've said, so I'm going to re-think it. (Right now, I'm looking hard a a great deal offered by Blue Angel in Coz. If my wife won't go, I may go alone.)

Thanks for the comments.

Ron

Ron G, I'll give you a fair warning here.

If you decide to go to the Cozumel Invasion 2013 (assuming there is one) you need to specifically tell Cardzard you DO NOT want to be in El Cuatro, because we will MAKE you drink, party, and have a great time! These are the El Cuatro requirements.

Just sayin'. :wink:

LOL :D

Ron - I was a newby this year and had some trepidations as well, just take the leap my friend.

Honestly, you couldn't hope for a better or more well-rounded group. Everybody is super friendly, stoked about being in paradise and diving, there's good times to be had all around for every type. You'll always find a group to sit with for meals (especially lunch before the afternoon dive as the restaurants like 90% SBers), have a nice sociable ride out to the sites, enjoy relaxing evenings with the opportunity to enjoy the company I fellow SBers. What could be better?!

Take the leap brother.

I'll be posting a trip report soon...just haven't had time to sit down and write an essay yet... Soon though!

Ron G, I'll give you a fair warning here.

If you decide to go to the Cozumel Invasion 2013 (assuming there is one) you need to specifically tell Cardzard you DO NOT want to be in El Cuatro, because we will MAKE you drink, party, and have a great time! These are the El Cuatro requirements.

Just sayin'. :wink:

LOL :D

Ummm....Where do I sign up?!

Ron G. I am not sure why you have the impression you have.

It might be because of my report, in which I said I was a bit put off by some of the wild behavior. After I'd been there for a few days, though, I was acting as childish as everybody else.

And, truth be told, these childish people are actually successful professionals who are acting childish, not childish people acting childish. There's a big difference.

I did not go on any of the drinking visits to the local watering holes. Not only do I not drink, but it's been my experience that alcohol degrades the intellectual level of the conversation.

The only exception to that rule I've found is among my Russian friends, to whom vodka seems to be an intellectual stimulant. :wink:

The trip photos I've seen seem to represent a much livelier crowd. (In fact, I can't remember seeing a single photo of tired divers heading off to bed after dinner. Go figure. :)

I would guess it's because people acting normal make boring photos! People acting like drunken fools...those are worth taking photos of, and posting them on Scubaboard and Facebook :D

I was in bed before 10pm more times than not. I think I drank enough to feel it two nights out of the 9 nights we stayed there. I certainly didn't get my money worth in terms of booze, but I didn't care to.

Back
Top Bottom