Trip report Lakeview quarry Lancaster 08/08/12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scallop

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Finally made it to Lakeview quarry 08/08/12. Weather report was for scattered showers a possibility, and of course as we arrived a small thunderstorm made its appearance. Waited until it passed and the sky cleared up, sun came back out so decided to go for it. Managed a short dive of about a half hour before another one rolled in. Was kind of neat to see the rain from under the surface but lightning and water do not mix so out we came. Think we were just as wet un-gearing as we were durning the dive as it was pouring buckets. Go-Pro had issues recongizing the sd card so no underwater pics or video. Like an idiot I did not check it until already submerged :dork2:.

We did get to check out the Frito Lay box truck and saw tons of very friendly bluegill and some nice sized largemouth. Many 'gills on beds as well. My son had several 'gills come right up to his dive light, he thought that was very cool. He did not want to get out of the water. Will definately go back to explore more, close to home and at $10.00 to dive quite the bargain. Hopefully the weather will be as nice as they are forcasting for this weekend if so we will be there. Couple pix my wife took from the shore.

IMG_5519.jpg

IMG_5531.jpg

IMG_5538.jpg

IMG_5543.jpg

IMG_5546.jpg

IMG_5547.jpg

Thanks for the trip report.

I made it for the first time there last month. Looks like the water level has risen nicely since I was there. We had to walk into the water via the muddy shore area, stirring the silt. Left our BCs in the water between dives.

Even though the Frito Lay truck is very shallow, it looked very cool when the sun hits it in the water.

It is a beautiful place.

The water was still down, about 6-8 feet per the guy that runs the office. We did stir up some muck gearing up in the shallows. Viz was better than I expected though, probably 15-20'. Hoping to get a longer dive in next time! Would be cool to meet up with you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom