Trip Report Magic Encounters at Revillagigedo Archipelago. Nautilus Explorer to Socorro Nov 18-26,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice trip report. We were down there at overlapping times ... I was on the Solmar V from Nov 21-29. The eight-month moratorium on boats in the islands was clearly beneficial to the wildlife, as this was far and away the best of my three trips down there. This was probably my final trip, as I'm pushing 70, and the current kicked my butt ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Nice trip report. We were down there at overlapping times ... I was on the Solmar V from Nov 21-29. The eight-month moratorium on boats in the islands was clearly beneficial to the wildlife, as this was far and away the best of my three trips down there. This was probably my final trip, as I'm pushing 70, and the current kicked my butt ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Thanks Bob.
I think we saw you guys at Roca Partida. Glad you had an awesome trip and so did we. The animals definitely did not disappoint us.

That's a very nice thing to have on such a trip. Thank you for posting topside photos of the boat and including scheduling and travel info.; very helpful when people are planning a similar trip.
Thanks Richard. Glad you liked the report, especially the topside info. I always find such photos helpful to me in others reports.

Thanks Bob.
I think we saw you guys at Roca Partida. Glad you had an awesome trip and so did we. The animals definitely did not disappoint us.

First dive at Roca Partida was one of the best I have done anywhere in the world. Started out with false orcas, which scared the hell out of all the sharks, which led to a juvenile hammerhead deciding to join our group for the entirety of our dive (40+ minutes), and ended with a school of perhaps eight silkies surrounding us during our safety stop. We figured the sharks saw us as protection from the false orcas.

Quote of the trip ... "You KNOW it's an amazing dive when the sharks are circling the divers because the sharks are scared" ... got some amazing shark photos during that dive ... they were, at times, three feet away ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Sounds amazing Bob. We loved our last day at Roca Partida Nov 24 most. We saw your boat there on that day for sure.
Looking forward to reading your trip report.

First dive at Roca Partida was one of the best I have done anywhere in the world. Started out with false orcas, which scared the hell out of all the sharks, which led to a juvenile hammerhead deciding to join our group for the entirety of our dive (40+ minutes), and ended with a school of perhaps eight silkies surrounding us during our safety stop. We figured the sharks saw us as protection from the false orcas.

Quote of the trip ... "You KNOW it's an amazing dive when the sharks are circling the divers because the sharks are scared" ... got some amazing shark photos during that dive ... they were, at times, three feet away ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

@DivingChipmunk - did you elect to not take advantage of their pre-departure dive and photo clinic or are they not offering that feature due to COVID?
I was on this same trip as @DivingChipmunk. I took advantage of the free afternoon dive with See Creatures, and I paid extra for a one-on-one photo workshop with David from Backscatter. It's a nice offering, and if you want to add pre- or post-liveaboard dives, it's just $40 USD per tank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom