Trip Report, Poor Knights Islands New Zealand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks azza for the great report. i'm popping over to nz this oct and have already planned to do some diving in poor knights & bay of islands. having only dived in tropical waters, i'm bracing myself for the cold waters!!! but i'm sure it will be worth it!!!!

I had 2 dives at the Waikato and 2 more at the Poor Knights in january 2004. It blew me away. Not that that was difficult at that time, having only done some local diving with a brand new AOW cert. :D

Perhaps the only thing I regret about a fantastic 3-month backpacking/diving trip I took was that I had a bad cold when I was in New Zealand and couldn't dive the Poor Knights. I have friends from N.Z. (now living in the states or shipboard) who strongly urged me to do it anyway.

drbill:
Perhaps the only thing I regret about a fantastic 3-month backpacking/diving trip I took was that I had a bad cold when I was in New Zealand and couldn't dive the Poor Knights. I have friends from N.Z. (now living in the states or shipboard) who strongly urged me to do it anyway.
Doc thats a shame you couldnt dive the Knights. They are my favourite dive spot ever!
At least there would have been plenty to see topside around the place but I do highly recommend you visit the Knights at some stage.
If you ever get over this way again then feel free to give me a bell and I will happily join you for a few great dives.

Thanks for the awesome report... I am backing to NZ in December and hopefully can dive PK.....

Back
Top Bottom