Trip Report Trip Report: Socorro-Nautilus Explorer Nov. 18-26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Edit: I meant to post this photo of the skiff.

Attachments

• Skiff.jpg
    Skiff.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 93
I was there on the Solmar V during the same time period. I think we saw your boat a couple times ... in particular at Cabo Pearce. Did you do Roca O'Neill while at Socorro Island? We had the most amazing experience with mantas there ... a group of five who took up our entire attention for 40 minutes. We didn't move more than maybe 100 feet the entire dive as they graced us their underwater acrobatics for the whole dive ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yes, we were there! Wasn't that just the best experience ever?! I was in awe the entire trip! We were fortunate to be the first boat of divers to get into the water, and in the first couple minutes, we were looking around the blue and there was nothing to see. It was as if we rang the bell, and the mantas started showing up to play. Truly magnificent!:p

Yes, we were there! Wasn't that just the best experience ever?! I was in awe the entire trip! We were fortunate to be the first boat of divers to get into the water, and in the first couple minutes, we were looking around the blue and there was nothing to see. It was as if we rang the bell, and the mantas started showing up to play. Truly magnificent!:callme:

Indeed ... I kept trying to take pictures of the divers, but the mantas kept getting in the way ... :)

And yes, I'll rate that among my top 20 dives anywhere in the world ...

DSC_4760.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom