Trip Report: Taveuni, Fiji (Taveuni Ocean Sports)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curious you said you didn't dive from Coconut Grove? Is it farther from the dive sites or? I am considering staying there instead of Nakia because Nakia is up for sale, and Paradise Taveuni is recommended but no beach and I'm sure if snorkeling is possible from the resort site...

Regarding the sale of Nakia, I emailed the owner, Jim, and he indicated that it could take years before the resort would sell. I would not let that stop me from staying there.

Curious you said you didn't dive from Coconut Grove? Is it farther from the dive sites or? I am considering staying there instead of Nakia because Nakia is up for sale, and Paradise Taveuni is recommended but no beach and I'm sure if snorkeling is possible from the resort site...

The owners put Nakia up for sale when I was there. I think half the island is for sale honestly. I would not let that stop you unless the last couple months of tripadvisor reviews are bad for Nakia or Taveuni Ocean Sports (I'm guessing the reviews are still stellar). That place was paradise and the dive shop was one of the finest.

Coconut grove does not have a dive shop, they just outsource to Taveuni Ocean Sports (Nakia). The owners are friends. The Ocean Sports shop (or any other) will just pick you up in a van.

For some reason the Nai'a people always refer to Paradise and downplayed Nakia to me when I asked what they thought. Maybe because it is American owned? Idk what the politics are between the dive ops etc...

For some reason the Nai'a people always refer to Paradise and downplayed Nakia to me when I asked what they thought. Maybe because it is American owned? Idk what the politics are between the dive ops etc...

I never went down near Paradise. If you have plans to do anything else on the island take a look at driving times.

Also, and I'm not positive, look at a map of dive sites and compare Paradise to the other shops/hotels... I'm pretty sure it is a long boat ride from Paradise

Back
Top Bottom