Trip Report: Tobermory Adventure Tours

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sprange

Reaction score
Having spent the weekend diving on the Dawnlight in Tobermory, I wanted to post a few comments regarding my experience with Tobermory Adventure Tours. I was aboard for a two day liveaboard within the Fathom Five park (longer trips include destinations outside the region). Diving simply couldn’t be any easier—we managed eight dives (King, Niagara x 2, Caroline Rose, ‘Caves’ on Saturday, Arabia x 2, Minch on Sunday). Considering the air temperature one might be tricked into believing they were in the tropics—until you hit the water. I was only one of two drysuit divers…the other divers didn’t seem to be fazed by the chilly water below the thermocline. Having air/nitrox/trimix fills onboard is a bonus, and I didn’t hear any complaining about short fills (ahem). The meals—traditional North American favorites, were prepared with pride and left everyone happily satiated. The sleeping quarters on the 70 foot tug could easily handle more than the seven of us who were aboard. I choose the smallest bunk available and referred to it as the sarcophagus--the larger ones compare to queen size beds. The owner/captain Ray is a terrific safety oriented guy who was complemented by his girlfriend (fiancé?) and son. I’ll be back aboard the Dawnlight during the weekend of July 22nd with my wife for a weekend of less demanding dives. It should come as no surprise that I highly recommend Tobermory Adventure Tours to divers of all skill levels (they offer tech trips as well).

Sean

Thanks for the report on Tobermory. I've heard there is great diving there. How about the costs? How far is it from NYC? Any additional info would be a big help. Tom

Tobermory is a great place, and has a ton of cool diving, even without taking a live-aboard. The village is really cool and has a bunch of friendly motels and restaurants

You can take the Fast Ferry from Rochester to Toronto, and then it's about a 4 1/2 hour drive from there.

Terry

starpilottom:
Thanks for the report on Tobermory. I've heard there is great diving there. How about the costs? How far is it from NYC? Any additional info would be a big help. Tom

Back
Top Bottom