Trip to Mt Storm, SDI Deep and Altitude Course as well!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EastcoastdiverLLC

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi Folks,

We're heading up to Mt Storm on New Years day! There will be hot soup and some freindly conversation. In addition, at the request of a few of my students we will be doing an SDI Deep Diver and SDI Altitude Diver Specialty!

I know this is late notice. I would be willing to take on maybe one or two more for the specialty. Of course anyone is welcome to join us for diving.

I'll be hauling my trailer so if anyone needs rental equipment including tanks let me know, I'll haul it up and back for you!

If you want the courses, let me know ASAP, we will have a classroom session a day or two in advance to prepare for the dive and I need to get you your text book and "Scuba IQ Review".

Gary

See Course descriptions below...

Altitude Diver

If you dive at altitude or are planning to, the SDI Altitude Diver course is a must for you. Let an SDI Instructor teach you the proper techniques and differences of diving at altitude. Some of the many skills you will learn during the course are

Calculating for nitrogen adsorption
Using altitude tables
Correction for gauge depth
Physics and physiology of altitude diving
$100/ Student (includes tables and air fills)

2 Open Water Dives @ Altitude (Generally Mt Storm or Rocky Gap State Park)

Deep Diver

SDI Deep Diver course is a must for any diver wishing to explore a little more and will teach you the risks and benefits of deep diving. Many interesting sights lie just beyond 18m/60ft such as beautiful wall dives, ship wrecks, and critters that donÃÕ come into the shallows. During the course, your SDI Instructor will take you on two covers skills like

Proper descents
Air management
Effects of nitrogen narcosis
Dive planning,
By the end of the course your knowledge and comfort level will have increased. The Deep Diver course has a maximum depth of 40m/130, the suggested sport diving limit.

$125 / Student (includes air fills and text)

Hi Folks,

We're heading up to Mt Storm on New Years day! There will be hot soup and some freindly conversation. In addition, at the request of a few of my students we will be doing an SDI Deep Diver and SDI Altitude Diver Specialty!

I know this is late notice. I would be willing to take on maybe one or two more for the specialty. Of course anyone is welcome to join us for diving.

I'll be hauling my trailer so if anyone needs rental equipment including tanks let me know, I'll haul it up and back for you!

If you want the courses, let me know ASAP, we will have a classroom session a day or two in advance to prepare for the dive and I need to get you your text book and "Scuba IQ Review".

Gary

See Course descriptions below...

Altitude Diver

If you dive at altitude or are planning to, the SDI Altitude Diver course is a must for you. Let an SDI Instructor teach you the proper techniques and differences of diving at altitude. Some of the many skills you will learn during the course are

Calculating for nitrogen adsorption
Using altitude tables
Correction for gauge depth
Physics and physiology of altitude diving
$100/ Student (includes tables and air fills)

2 Open Water Dives @ Altitude (Generally Mt Storm or Rocky Gap State Park)

Deep Diver

SDI Deep Diver course is a must for any diver wishing to explore a little more and will teach you the risks and benefits of deep diving. Many interesting sights lie just beyond 18m/60ft such as beautiful wall dives, ship wrecks, and critters that donŽÃŽÕ come into the shallows. During the course, your SDI Instructor will take you on two covers skills like

Proper descents
Air management
Effects of nitrogen narcosis
Dive planning,
By the end of the course your knowledge and comfort level will have increased. The Deep Diver course has a maximum depth of 40m/130, the suggested sport diving limit.

$125 / Student (includes air fills and text)

Folks,

This trip and the associated courses may be postponed. I will keep an eye on the weather but as of now, the forecast doesn't look good. It is currently snowing at Mt Storm and the hour by hour forecast show snow throughout the night into the AM tomorrow, as well as 26mph winds.

Not too concerned with the cold, we have the trailer and an enclosed canopy with a propane heater. What I am concerned about is snow and ice on the roads. The road to Mt Storm is generally well maintained just don't want to take any chances.

I currently have 10 locals who were heading up but many of you have contacted me with "I'll see you up there", well, you may not.

I'll keep you posted; I plan to make a final call in the next couple of hours.

Gary

Gary, just left a message on your phone. I am definitely still going to be there on Friday. Was planning on 10AM but I'm gonna try and get out of here by 6-6:30 and be there 9ish. I'm meeting a guy from Hagerstown and we have a plan to run a new line. A deep one. Like 115-120 range. If you are interested c'mon up or call me for details. I'll not post specifics due to the depth. Only properly trained and experienced divers need concern themselves with this.

The upcoming snow storm that is SUPPOSE to hit the area friday night into sunday morning is going to force us to postpone the trip once again. We will be posting a new date once we are sure the weather is in a better pattern for the students taking the classes. We hope that everyone that had planned to join us for the swim can make it the next time. I look forward to seeing everyone their.
Kels

I was there on Jan 1st, aside from the biting air temp, not bad for Mt Mud. Vis was down to 3 ft in spots, some less as we were having fun with a scooter (yep, those massive clouds were due to Glen, Joe! And they were on purpose hehehehe) Water was 53, air temp cold. Had a great time with Blue Marble's crew.
-J

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom