Trip to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine is plain blue and black neoprene with no logo, and I am still using the same suit without problem about 10 years and well in excess of a thousand dives later.

Every Pattaya & Samesan dive shop be aware :rofl3:

An Arizona Sun Devil would be cool for me. I'll have to look into that next time in the area. There must be something similar in BKK as well.

Bowmouth,

I dare not imagine what you'd do with a Batman wetsuit - since you don't seem to dive much anymore.

You could wear it to visit some HQ Shrimp in September? You could even take your camera.......

I would wear it when boogie-boarding at Nai Harn beach.

And would wear it when diving with you. I'm seriously considering taking you to HotWave Wetsuits next time you're here and to get you a Robin wetsuit. I've never liked your polo T-shirt and shorts attire when diving and think it's time for something more mature.

Provided I am not somewhere working on a rusty barge in the UAE and provided the shrimpies are still around in September we could do some diving together. Like the "good ol' days"....

.....and I have seen regs and BCD's with up to 60% off.

This means nothing with nothing to put it in perspective.....i.e. what is the starting point. I have seen "deals" out there where the item was marked up a stupid amount, then discounted HUGE so that people thought they were getting a tremendous deal. In the end, they were then only slightly overpaying for the item.

I am not saying there are not deals there OR that you will be overcharged in Thailand. Just that a claim of "sale" or 60% off is meaningless if one cannot determine the final price.

..... Just that a claim of "sale" or 60% off is meaningless if one cannot determine the final price.

You're right. I should have given some examples. To be able to do so I'll have to visit the retailer and won't be able to do so until next week.
Let me know if you are interested and I will post the items on sale then for you.

Be careful of bringing your kit into Thailand. I know of two people that got turned over by customs for import duty when they did. Always take it through in your luggage never unaccompanied.

Every Pattaya & Samesan dive shop be aware :rofl3:

No need to worry on that one, I gave up diving with Pattaya shops some time ago.
Neither will I be paying the highly inflated prices to get a company logo on my wetsuit, either at a Pattaya shop or any where else in the world.

Be careful of bringing your kit into Thailand. I know of two people that got turned over by customs for import duty when they did. Always take it through in your luggage never unaccompanied.

I must say another very smart move by the Thai authorities, what a great way to promote tourism.
What were the circumstances of these 2 people? were they short term visitors? or were they planning to stay long term, or even coming to live here? I would be most interested to know.

No....not interested. I was just making the point that without something to put the claim in perspective, it was meaning less (just words). That is all. Others may find it beneficial. When I am in Thailand in November, I will be bringing my own equipment, so I am unlikely to buy anything.

You're right. I should have given some examples. To be able to do so I'll have to visit the retailer and won't be able to do so until next week.
Let me know if you are interested and I will post the items on sale then for you.

I am a little confused by this post. What were the circumstances of this event? When you say always bring your rig through in your luggage, does that mean they were wearing thier rigs going through the airport? Mine will be in my checked luggage AND my carry-on (carry on is typically reserved for all my electronics (camera's - SLR, P&S and Video) and will only be unaccompanied by me until it comes off the plane and onto the carousel (or through security when I leave).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom