Trip to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am sure you are right Bowmouth. The deals are everywhere. You just need to know what constitutes a good deal and then persist in looking for them.

Sounds to me like a retailer trying to move on old stock, generally not a good idea for retailers to be saddled with 'out of date' products, but when it happens can often result in a good deal for a few fortunate customers.
And as Bowmouth quite rightly states, it is not necessary to have the latest design in everything, designs are generally updated as a marketing ploy and 'improvements'/changes made are often unnecessary.
Personally one of the reg sets I am still using regularly is the one I started to dive with many years ago. It still works problem free as well as any of the countless 'newer updated' regs that have come on the market since.
A good deal is simply that, if you get the chance go for it, just buy good quality kit and maintain it properly, it doesn't need to be the 'latest' model.

Back
Top Bottom