Trip Video - Maldives Deep South March 2024

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geo88

Registered
Reaction score
Just back a trip onboard Adora Liveboard from Addu Atoll to Kooddoo.

We are quite unlucky due to no or bad current during most of our dives. Almost half our dives are non-productive. I also did not see anything significant at Fuvamulah South plateau when I saw many during my previous trip in 2019. Another of our group saw 2 oceanic manta toward the end of the dive though.

Below are video clips of my trip. Hope You guys like it.

Your words do injustice to the video. You saw aggregations of Grey Sharks in so many places! Can you list the dive sites where you saw them? Also I didn’t know that they use a bait box in the Maldives - Which site was that? The Bull Shark at Koodoo was a great sighting too! The video tells me you did have a great dive trip!

Your words do injustice to the video. You saw aggregations of Grey Sharks in so many places! Can you list the dive sites where you saw them? Also I didn’t know that they use a bait box in the Maldives - Which site was that? The Bull Shark at Koodoo was a great sighting too! The video tells me you did have a great dive trip!

On my last trip to Deep South in 2019, I saw 100+ of the grey reef sharks at the same dive site. This is just maybe 1/4 of what I saw.
Dive is at Kurehdhoo Channel and Villigili.

Bull Shark is due to feeding at Kooddoo. Most liveaboard did that these day. Youwill see many spinner sharks and the common grey reef shark. We did saw the rare Bullshark and Guitar Shark during that dive.

We had 17 dives. Saw nothing at Fuvahmulah South due to no current, no whale shark at night due to full moon, not even the near encounter with eagle rays when I went last time. So compared to my last trip, not as productive. The video are taken from maybe 5-6 of those 17 dives?

Back
Top Bottom