Trip Report Triton Bay Divers - 11/2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The place is fabulous, I think I was unlucky or went at the wrong time and those who are going to take macro photographs do not need good visibility.
Nature is like that. Of course, when we've been waiting a year for these holidays and things go this way, we're not satisfied. It's not the resort's fault.
I have to come back another time

Good morning

Even without AC, there wasn't any problems with mosquitos or high temperature inside the room.
For the mosquitos, I used repellent every evening when arriving at the dining area.
That was not a problem for me nor for the other guests.
I always carry with me the malaria tablets and take them as prescribed.
According to other divers I have talked to and who visited this place, February and March are the best time in terms of visibility but marine life is not as abundant. The visibility increases from October through March.
@ppina Thanks so much for your response! It is very helpful to us.
What kind of mosquito repellent did you use (and worked there)? DEET? Picaridin? Lemon eucalyptus?

@ppina Thanks so much for your response! It is very helpful to us.
What kind of mosquito repellent did you use (and worked there)? DEET? Picaridin? Lemon eucalyptus?

Thanks for sharing your experience. I’m headed there for 2 weeks in mid April. I suffer from skeeter syndrome and travel with a single person backpacking tent for times like these. I’ve also been eaten alive in AC rooms that are sealed so I often don’t take chances.

I am a repeat (serial) raja Ampat diver and can’t wait to compare the two.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom