Trouble shooting question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba5150

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Had a problem today when diving with the Intova Sport HD. The camera was working fine for a while, but then "froze" in the record mode and had a spinning wheel image in the center of the view finder. I could not turn the camera off, and could not stop the recording mode. I tried the following while underwater: Press and hold the on/off button (no change), Change the mode (no change), pressed and held other buttons with no change. I tried the same maneuvers at the surface, again with no change.

Finally the camera turned itself off when the battery ran down. When I was able to recharge the battery and turn the camera back on, it seems to be operating normally.

So the questions are, what happened and why, will it happen again, if it does happen again what can be done other than letting the battery run down?

BTW I couldn't find anything about this on google. Also, I've been very happy with the Intova for dive videos since I got it and this is the first problem I've had.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Sorry to hear of your trouble. It would help to know if you have the Sport HD or Sport HD II. Does it have a Dive Mode? On both models there is a reset pin right next to the memory card. You cannot push this underwater but can at surface.

Just like phones and computers lock up sometimes, cameras can too. Sounds like it may be OK but let me know which version it is and there may be some tricks we can try. You can email me directly at joe@intova.net.

Thanks very much for the quick reply. I've sent an email as suggested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom