Truk Lagoon with a difference

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KpoxaAU

Registered
Reaction score
I do not like to write reviews :)

To be specific – I do not like to write long, detailed reviews.

So … if scroll down directly to the point:

My warmest Thank You, Rob and Cindy and
Thank You Truk Stop Dive Center crew

That is, basically, it. And the following are IMHO bells and whistles, skip it if not interested
:D

This May dive trip to Lagoon was one of my best. BTW, I am real Lagoon addict and I am there every year since 2007 at least once a year … and twice a year, if I am lucky at work. So my knowledge about Lagoon’s services and conditions could be rated as “more than an average tourist level”.

Let’s look at the bullet points:

• Where in Lagoon you can have twin set and deco stages (as many as you need), filled as accurate as you ordered precisely at the time? Answer: only Truk Stop (Thanks Rob and Teno)
• Who in Lagoon is maintaining real clean technical filling station? Answer: only Truk Stop
• Where in Lagoon you have cheapest helium, due to Haskel pump equipped into filling station? Answer: only Truk Stop
• To what DC in Lagoon you can come with very specific demands (as myself, doing video, carrying annoying large/bright lights, stopping under water often to get proper video capture, ignoring common “tourist” path through the wrecks due to video) and get the dive guide/buddy, professional, who appreciates your needs and takes full care about your stupidity? Answer: only Truk Stop (my deepest Thanks to Rob).
• Who in Lagoon can show you different Nippo, different Fuji, different Heian – who can show you underwater Lagoon with the difference? Answer: Rob. The only.
• Who in Lagoon really takes care about the buddy, even analyses your setup and gives you valid concern (even you have already a thousand dives behind you)? Answer: Rob. You can rely on him.
• Who is the Manager in Lagoon, who answers you every question via email before you come and reminds you all “small things” which you may forget, and reserve every small piece for you, and saves you dive with spare hose (when yours is broken through the dives)? Answer: Cindy (my warmest Thanks to Cindy).

• Who in Lagoon definitely cares about wrecks and wrecks conservation? Who never damage or broke a thing, never move the bone? Who wants to keep the wrecks as they are, to be able to show them to you and to your next generation? Answer: Rob, Cindy and the Truk Stop DC crew. The only.

Well… Are there any more questions why I am returning to Truk Stop every year for last six and going to continue to go to the only Truk Stop?

BTW. Here is the video-medley from this May:
https://vimeo.com/68912436
(Not as good at Vimeo as it is on flat screen. Let me know if you need it in .mkv format for your media player and I will send you the download link.)

Great video. I went back to Chuuk in 2010 and stayed at the Truk Stop Hotel. Great service and facilities. Highly recommended. Thanks for the post.

Have you used the other dive centres at Truk?

Love the video and got a chuckle when I saw the name of the cat was Deco.

KpoxaAU

Have you used any of the other dive centres at Truk by comparison to the Truk Stop?

Great video. However, having used both dive centres at Chuuk a number of times each (on six trips), I cannot agree that Truk Stop is the best.

[FONT=arial:

Well… Are there any more questions why I am returning to Truk Stop every year for last six and going to continue to go to the only Truk Stop?

[/FONT]

YES ! Is the Truk Stop the only dive centre you have used at Truk? Not a hard question to answer I would have thought????????????

My issue is that it would seem you have only dived with "Truk Stop" and not "Blue Lagoon"????? Are you sure you didn't get paid by them to put the post in as an advert?

I have not used Truk Stop but would never blatantly flog it as you have unless I had dived with both centres so I had a clear comparison (the good, the bad and the ugly). I and all my fellow divers were very happy with Blue Lagoon Dive resort and I would use them again, but given I have not dived Truk Stop I cannot say which is best.

Please be fair and reasonable here and not treat other dive centres badly just because you had a great time and clearly enjoyed your time where you dived. Be objective and fair and allow others to then make up their minds based on fair comment and opinion. You must realise that people in this area live and die by their jobs from these dive centres and often get paid very little in comparison to what we are charged for diving. It also remains healthy competition to have at least 2 dive centres in an area (unless one of them is unprofessional etc).

Being enthusiastic and saying how much you enjoyed the dive centre is welcomed by all. Being biased and clearly not objective (I would suspect) is not appreciated by most here.

I went to Truk this past December and Rob at the Truk Stop is great. We stayed at Blue Lagoon for a few days then did the Odyssey. The grounds at Blue Lagoon are nicer but the Truk Stop has a better dive operation by far and the rooms are better. The Odyssey was great also and you will get the most dives in on it. But if you have a special request to dive some of the lesser dived wrecks or you want to tec dive then definately the best dive operation is the Truk Stop.

Oh, sorry, I did not realise, that Peter69_56 decided to attack me here and (perhaps) expects me to monitor the thread and answer immediately as he posted :)

Well, I am not using any other DC at Truk, because Truk Stop, IMHO, is the only DC meeting the technical diver requirements and it has unbeaten prices for helium, experienced technical guide/instructor, technical mixes on demand - those are key points. That does not mean automatically that I do not know the conditions of other DCs. I had enough time spent in Truk and I've seen enough - under and above water - to compare.

Come on, Peter, if you are seriously think someone paid me to post anything anywhere, it simply means that 1)you can do that and rate people on yourself 2)you are seriously underestimate the price of my personal opinion. I am fair, I am reasonable and I am objective. I can say the same about Truk Stop in a time when Kelvin and Anabel managed it, and I can say it now, when Rob and Cindy managing it. Truk Stop is keeping their mark through years, that is what I like.

Meantime, I did not blatantly flog anyone, Peter. You did. I do not know if Blue Lagoon is really that bad now, that it required defenders of your type to spew on people like me, who actually did not mean Blue Lagoon or any other DC by any means. May be you already answered, BTW ...

Write your reviews, Peter, do not be shy. Use my highlights from my first post to compare the value of other Truk DC for technical diver. You may start with the prices of helium, the list of technical dive guides of Blue Lagoon and their qualification, reveal the status of Blue Lagoon DC in terms of any dive agency accredited DC, name the technical blender of Blue Lagoon ...

People may decide go to any Truk's DC except Truk Stop - Blue Lagoon, Odyssey, Thorfinn - and I do not care. I just highlighted which DC technical diver can use to get the most.

Thanks Peter, I am not going to discuss anything with your further outside those two my posts. Not interested. Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom