Try and Buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Until 2 weeks ago, I had a Scuba Pro LadyHawk BCD with integrated weights, Mfg. Code 22.401.410 serial # 1316592179 bought in 2016. DON'T buy this. We were on a live aboard in Komodo and 3 of us had this BCD. All 3 of us had major problems. One person was upside down on her head during most of her dives. Another of us was lopsided with air, she sort of eventually fixed this by playing with the little straps tucked into the BC. My air would be on one side only, then during the same dive on the other side only, so the dive guide kept trying to even me out underwater. But the biggest, most dangerous problem was I would be neutrally bouyant for 5 to 7 minutes then, without adding air, I would rocket to the surface. This went on constantly and was VERY dangerous. I've been diving for 35 years and have never had issues with my old Scuba Pro BCD. Luckily the liveaboard had BCD's for rent. I rented a ScubaPro T-One and am back to being completely in control. I threw this LadyHawk BCD in the garbage as I wouldn't want anyone to use it and lose their life from the constant uninitiated depth changes. At depth I never felt in control with the LadyHawk BCD and was frequently wanting to abort dives. On the surface it is extremely uncomfortable as you would need to get your feet up in front of you and try to float backwards but it is VERY difficult to get the BCD to allow you to do this as it wants to push you forward, face down. If you like to be out of control and miserable on dives, this is the BCD for you.

WOW! I appreciate the feedback!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom