Trying to decide btw 2 dive destinations, which would you choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lttleldydver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All,
I'm planning a trip to Africa for April/May 2014. The first half will be in Botswana. What I could really, really use some help with is the second portion. We are planning to be at a beach location for 5 nights for diving.

I know there are many options. We have narrowed it down to deciding between Benguerra in Mozambique, and Maputaland Marine Reserve, South Africa. Specifically, we have been quoted for Azura on Benguerra and Rocktail Beach Camp on Maputaland. I know the pricing, lodging style, and proximity to the beach, is very different, I'm trying to focus on the diving.

So, what I would love your advise on is whether or not one is superior for diving. Is the logistical challenge of getting to Rocktail worth it? Is the higher (much) price of Azura worth it? All things being equal, if you could go to one or the other the first week of May, which would you choose? Why?

Any input is welcome. Thanks!

I cant comment on Azura as I am not familiar with them but I have dived at Rocktail Bay quite often. Its a very personal operation and very geared towards tourists.
Darryl and Clive run Mokarran Dive charters out of Rocktail as the resident Dive operators and its a top class show. As for the diving, well the diving is pristine and is also a world Heritage site so well worth the effort.

Personally, I think its one of the best recreational diving spots in SA. Heres Mokarran's web site. Home - Mokarran Dive Charters at Rocktail Dive Centre

Thank you for replying widget. We did go ahead and book Rocktail. The more I found out, the more it seemed a no-brainer. Fabulous diving and much less expensive so I was able to book an extra 3 nights safari! I'm really excited to dive there with Mokarran Dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom