trying to make my own hose adaptor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimmy71

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am trying to make an adaptor for an underwater toy I have. The idea is to make a hose that will contact to a standard lower pressure quick disconnect. I want to attach this Standard BCD Inflator Stems at LeisurePro to the first stage end (3/8) of low pressure hose.

Another way of thinking about this hose, is that I want to be able to add a low pressure extension to existing low pressure hose underwater.

Any help?

JImmy

I am trying to make an adaptor for an underwater toy I have. The idea is to make a hose that will contact to a standard lower pressure quick disconnect. I want to attach this Standard BCD Inflator Stems at LeisurePro to the first stage end (3/8) of low pressure hose.

Another way of thinking about this hose, is that I want to be able to add a low pressure extension to existing low pressure hose underwater.

Any help?

JImmy

http://www.leisurepro.com/p-aquhaa04/1-4-npt-male-to-standard-bcd-connector-aa04

And a world of standard hose connections will be at your feet.

BUt how do I connect that to the end of a hose that traditionally threads into the first stage. The 3/8 male thread.

I want to make a hose like this Low Pressure Quick Disconnect Inflator Hose for All BCs at LeisurePro that one end is a traditional quick disconnect and the other end is 1/4" NPT Male to Standard BCD Connector (AA04) at LeisurePro

When it is done, one end of the hose could connect to the other make a circle. One end male and the other female. Hope that makes sense.

like a 3/8 female to 3/16 female adaptor

If I understand you right, what you want is a female BC connector on one end and a male on the other....bascially an inflator extension hose.
You will need an inflator hose and these 2 adapters. This one will make the 3/8-24 (first stage end) into a second stage end. Adapter 3/8-24 Female to 9/16-18 male Then you will need a male end similar to this one to screw on to the previous adapter Female quick disconnect "LHA" . Since different BCs use different size male ends you will need to pick the one you need. This particular one is for AL, Apex and Zeagle products

Thanks guys. The DIVE RITE product was exactly what I was looking for. FInally seeing some of the terms used it help me locate other options like that. I eneded up getting this Quick Disconnects - Dive Gear Express
as I could buy it online tonight. Thanks a ton for giving me solid fast advice!

I've made hoses for connecting pneumatic tools to my regulator. The simplest is to chop off an old reg hose, get a piece of the strong stainless tubing they use for scuba compressor air lines, stick one end down the regulator hose, throw a couple hose clamps on it. chop off a pnuematic hose with the connector attached. wrap the SS tubing in a little bit of electrical tape, until it is a tight fit in the pneumatic hose and then add two small hose clamps on this section as well.

This has worked well for me for years, but when using pneumatic tools underwater, I always run them off a slung bottle... i would never trust this to my life support tank.

I keep a bunch of hose to hose adapters around to tunr retired hoses into an arbitrarily long LP hose extension.

WHen one section of the hose finally gives up the ghost I just replace that length with another crapped for UW use hose.

When I was limping a car with a slow tire leak aroung I could keep the tank and first stage in the back and throw out 20 feet of hose (made of random bits of LP hose plus adapters) to reach any of the wheels of the van.

The 2-part solution offered by Herman will work, but the second link is incorrect. Different BCs do not use different connectors, but combination octo inflators do because they need higher flow than a standard BC connector. The correct male stud you need is this one. Female quick disconnect "LHA w/Bc Fitting"

Omniswivel makes what you want in a single piece, but the flow would be one-way only because it includes a check valve. It would also be much more expensive. Part is QDCV-BC-ZF.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom