TSA got you down?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...Not going get the minimum wage TSA agents to that level of competency...hence the current methods...
That there folks, sums it all up nicely, IMO! That is how ridiculous the dog and pony show effort in this country is. We sure wouldn't want to require a just a little more competency in our agents. :shakehead:

Oh, good. Another TSA bashing thread.

That's easy.

A lot of you may have forgotten that on 9/11 the USA got ATTACKED and that was the start of it. The other countries that have been stated in this thread did not. The "terrorists" seem to be after the USA more than any of the other countries. Therefore more security. I understand that we as a country have to come up with ways to combat the enemy's ways before they think of them is essential but we are not the experts and do not have all the intel. I only fly about 4 times a year (round trip) and have no problem going thru the scanners. In fact if they want to give me a "pat down", I'll go for it. It only means that I believe that I will arrive at my destination Safely. I do not believe that the TSA agents really LIKE to pat down's to some of the people I see on the security lines but it happens to be there job, as there are things I or you don't particularly like about your job, but it happens. For now it is the best that there is. NOT TO GO DIVING IN BONAIRE BECAUSE OF A BODY SCAN?.... Give me your reservation #'s and I will give a detailed report of a great vacation when I get back.

TSA, handling more packages than FedEx and UPS combined.

Just on keep taking it sheepeople. I can't wait to see what hoop the TSA wants us to jump through next.

Well, security was a lame joke before 9-11-01 that we passengers were financing. It's been very questionable over the years since, with us paying even more. I guess it's needed, but sometimes it is funny.

Some radio commentators put it very well: They just keep chipping away at our liberty and privacy a little at a time and we don't complain because is just a little. Of course, eventually, all of our liberty and privacy will be gone.

The U.S. gladly spends the lives of soldiers to protect out liberty and our way of life. So, why then are willing to give up that liberty and way of life just to prevent terrorists from getting onto airplanes? The Israeli model seems the better approach.

BTW: Seeing how they are chipping away at our liberty bit by bit, I now understand why the NRA fights gun control at every single engagement and treats every engagement as if it were the most important one ever. It is to prevent the chipping away. I had been considering dropping my membership. However, I think I will now renew for another year.

Check me all you want and please check all the morons in line whining about people doing their job working to be that last line of defense for us all. This is reality now after 9/11 and the parade of nutjobs who keep trying to blow up planes with bombs in their shoes, underwear and printer cartridges. And the TSA people are not minimum wage but unionized... I smell corporate using this "protest" to try to change that. Want to make us safer? Instead of crying about TSA how about making more noise to bring our troops home from the Middle East.

A recent CBS news poll shows 81% of travelers support body scans.

Flame away whiners

TSA, handling more packages than FedEx and UPS combined.
:rofl3:

Some radio commentators put it very well: They just keep chipping away at our liberty and privacy a little at a time and we don't complain because is just a little. Of course, eventually, all of our liberty and privacy will be gone.
It seems like most of the privacy went in one fell swoop, with the passage of the Patriot Act, not a little at a time. At least the privacy that remained after everybody willingly ceded most of it on their Facebook profile. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom