TSA got you down?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys really need to get over yourselves....all we need is an airliner to be blown up, and you'll be begging to be patted down. This last one was close, we can be lucky....

Terrorism has been a problem for airlines and air travelers since the 1970s, when hijackings and bombings became the method of choice for subversive, militant organizations around the world.

Although security at airports has always been tight, the 9/11 attacks woke many people up to a harsh reality -- it wasn't tight enough.

TSA have a job to do, and it involves your safety, let them do it. If I wanted to see naked pictures, there are many other places I will look, infact, yours will never in my list of searches :)

PS. TSA is not pro-active, thus the current "draconian" methods, still better than nothing...in time, they too will learn.

Wrong. I see no time when I would relinquish my rights and "be begging to be patted down" by a bunch of government thugs. Any trips I take, I'll rent a plane or go where I can drive.

Heres something I just recieved that seems pretty relevant!

"You just gotta love the whole media / White House circus over the Osama Bin Laden announcements.

Remember when we were told we had to go after these dangerous terrorists so we could be safer?

Remember when we were told that the terror alerts had to be put on orange and red because Bin Laden was "living in a cave" and plotting to bomb us?

Well now that the White House insists they've killed Bin Laden, where's the celebration of freedom and safety?

Why aren't we firing the TSA and reversing the Patriot Act? Isn't the danger now over? Can we bring bottled water back on airplanes again?

Instead, the government now says that killing Osama Bin Laden makes America MORE dangerous because his cohorts might seek "revenge."

Huh? Wait a sec... so killing Bin Laden makes America less safe? Wasn't the entire sales job on this supposed to be that killing Bin Laden would make us more safe?

Check out the logic here: George W. Bush said if we don't kill Bin Laden, we won't be safe.

Obama says now that we DID kill Bin Laden, things are even less safe.

So apparently, according to the U.S. government, killing them or not killing produces exactly the same result. We're all in danger, they insist, no matter who they kill.

Do you see the total perpetual war con job America has been sold over the years, spanning multiple presidents?

There are no conditions under which we can go back to being "safe and secure," you see. There is no list of outlaws that can be taken out so that the government announces "There, now we're safe. All the bad guys are gone."

Nope, instead we get this perpetual war setup that keeps the munitions manufacturers rolling in dough while our soldiers keep coming home in body bags. It is a complete con job, and it's all being used to strip away our constitutional rights and freedoms, too."

Heres something I just recieved that seems pretty relevant!

I thought that looked like an Alex Jones rant, so I figured I'd google it. It shows up in 1.5 pages of google search results, verbatim. Of the examples I looked at, few attributed its source. I don't see a match on infowars.com, though, perhaps it wasn't sufficiently insane :)

Nevertheless. I won't shed a tear for that man but I won't celebrate his assassination, either. Anyone who thought that killing OBL would stop terrorism is delusional. It might have derailed specific terrorist plans, but terrorism as a concept is going to continue.

That said, and back on topic, the TSA in its current state will never be effective against any but the most poorly thought out attempts at violence in the US air travel system. <snark>Still, we should continue spending billions of taxpayer dollars every year to give the ignorant a warm fuzzy feeling in their pants when they travel. Plus, it gives thousands of jobs to otherwise unemployable people, right? That's got to be good. </snark>

Everybody complains about TSA, who gave the airlines the right to hold people against their will for hours on end, so the airline's statistics for on time take offs look good. Once you go in an airport, you've pretty much given up control of your life.

As a dive guide, when my frequent flier miles were use up,I no longer got my checked baggage for free. So I decided to see how much carry-on I could load into two personal bags which included my regs. Well I was pulled out of line EVERTIME & searched plus on one occurance TWICE on one flight. It seems the screening machines can not 'see' through your regs. Just my experience the last time I came back from Palau. It's a hassle but forgotten after my first back row.

"living life without a hard bottom"
KT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom