TTL and Flooded Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darnold9999

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Managed to flood my housing (D200 Nikon). Not a full flood, but about 10% of the housing was flooded. Managed to get a wrinkle in an o-ring putting aport on in a hurry. Killed the D200 and probably the 60mm lens. Looks like the TTL circuitry is OK. Back of the board has some corrosion, but cleans up OK. Front (which has all the electronics) does not seem to have any water on it at all and looks pristine so I am thinking that it might be just fine but I have no idea how to find out.

How can I test the TTL function?

At the moment I have a D90 as a test camera and would like to know if the TTL is OK before deciding what camera to replace the D200 with. i.e. if I need to replace TTL board, camera body and 60mm lens I may upgrade the camera body and housing instead. (or take up a less expensive hobby:D)

Thanks

Darnold9999,

You can use a D90 to test the electronics in a D200 housing, however, moisture has corroded the board, so I would recommend sending the housing to the Ikelite Service Dept. for evaluation and repair. Once a board has gotten wet, it usually will deteriorate over time and eventually may cause the camera to lock up.

Another option is the new housing the Nikon D800 which will start shipping this week: Underwater Housing for Nikon D800, D800E.

Send your housing along with a brief letter of explanation or this thread, and full contact information to:

Ikelite Underwater Systems
Attn. Service Dept.
50 W. 33rd St.
Indpls., IN 46208

Please include your name, complete return address, email, phone number, and your stated problem or service request. Normal service completion time is 2-3 weeks.

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom