TTL on Dx2g

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seansrs36

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a YS-110a and Dx2g camera. Isn't the 110a TTL? So it should flash the right amount of light correct? Why do I get pics then that overexposed?

Thanks,

Sean

Hello,
Be sure to check the link between camera and strobe. Sea&Sea strongly recommends using a Fiber Optic cable (50107) to ensure proper light transfer between camera and strobe. A fiber Optic Cable will greatly improve the accuracy of the YS-110a TTL feature. The DX-2G camera sets are shipped with a FOC Adapter. Be sure to use the adapter along with the FOC. Be sure to check your camera and strobe for the correct settings. Thank you for supporting Sea&Sea.

I am using the Fiber Optic cable. Does the manual flash on the Dx2G mess up the TTL? When you say FOC adapter, doesn't the cable just plug into Dx2g housing unit?

Thanks,

Sean

I have found that the DS-TTL does not always work. I have the YS-110 and have also experienced blown out pictures. The 110a strobe with the 2G is not a true TTL feature. See my link regarding a discussion on this topic: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/sea-sea/250251-ds-ttl-dx-1g.html. I have found that you have to manually adjust the stobe light under cetain conditions.

Regards,

Bill

There are built in FOC Ports on the DX-2 housing. The adapter plugs into the existing ports and reloctes (raises) the point of connection allowing the FOC to be positioned directly in front of the cameras flash. This has been proven to increase the accuracy of the YS-110a TTL.
DS-TTL mimics the cameras flash. Once the camera has decided how much light is needed to light the subject it fires a flash. The YS-110a then mimics the power of the cameras flash. It is very important that the YS-110a slave sensor reads this amount of light accurately in order for TTL to work. Again, using the FOC with the adapter will allow the best transmission of light.

So how do I get a FOC adapter? I do not remember seeing one in my box when I purchased my Dx2g.

Thanks,

Sean

Contact Sea&Sea for one. Give them your camera serial number (on the bottom of the camera) and they will send you one for free. The adaptor plugs into the fiber optics connection on top of the camera that then places the fiber optics connector dirrectly in front of the flash.

Regards,

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom