TTL with Olympus sp560 uz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mel Moncrieff

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi Guys:

I have an Olympus SP 560 UZ camera and Olympus underwater housing. I'm currently using a Sea and Sea YS 27, but I'd like TTL compatibility. I'm thinking of upgrading to a Sea and Sea YS 110, and perhaps keeping the YS 27 as a 2nd strobe for fill lighting. Will that work? What hookups would I need? Will I need a special tray to fasten the two Sea and Sea arms?

Thanks,

Mel Moncrieff

Hi Guys:

I have an Olympus SP 560 UZ camera and Olympus underwater housing. I'm currently using a Sea and Sea YS 27, but I'd like TTL compatibility. I'm thinking of upgrading to a Sea and Sea YS 110, and perhaps keeping the YS 27 as a 2nd strobe for fill lighting. Will that work? What hookups would I need? Will I need a special tray to fasten the two Sea and Sea arms?

Thanks,

Mel Moncrieff
Hi Mel-
It looks like the SP560 does not have a hotshoe for external flash, so unfortunately a true ttl system is not feasbile without such. The YS-110 does have a DS-TTL feature for compact digital cameras. This feature mimics the TTL flash from the camera's internal strobe and gives the proper TTL like exposure from a non-hard wired slave mode. The YS-27 as an addtl strobe would be fine with or without a fiber-optic cable, however it will not offer a TTL feature. If you have a Sea Arm Light arm set, you can purchase SS-24101, which is an additional arm for dual strobe setup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom