Tulsa X-pert Zoom Split Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I rented a pair of X-Pert Zooms this past weekend. It was the first time I tried splits and I loved them. I'm debating whether I want to try a few other brands or just buy these right away. My air consumption improved quite a bit and my legs didn't cramp up like normal.

Am heading to Bonaire in February to do some snorkeling (I am not a diver). I've received several Xpert Zoom fin recommendations from folks who are divers. Should I heed their advice? Is $149 a far price to pay for these fins? Thanks.

I haven't tried the open heel version, but my girlfriend and I really like the full foot version of the Tusa split fins:
Tusa Full Foot Split Zoom Fins, Tusa
We've used them for diving and snorkeling and they are great. AND, they are a lot cheaper than the open heel verison. Maybe the Tusa rep can explain the difference in handling between the two versions.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, for Bonaire we need hard sole booties and open heel fins.

Am heading to Bonaire in February to do some snorkeling (I am not a diver). I've received several Xpert Zoom fin recommendations from folks who are divers. Should I heed their advice? Is $149 a far price to pay for these fins? Thanks.

for snorkeling, I can't reccomend the Tusa XPert Zoom Split fin.

They are a heaver fin and not the best for kicking when breaking the surface such as snorkeling.... I've snorkeled with mine before and they will wear our your legs more than snorkel fins will.... I found that regular snorkel fins work much better for snorkeling....

however, with that said, the others are right that Bonaire you'll want some booties to wear at most dive site locations because the walk in is over rough or sharp rocks.

but a $149? That''s "normal price" or MAP (Minimum Advertised Price). You should be able to get them cheaper. Say 10-20% cheaper. but that's just my opinion.

TUSA,

I own the SF-8 (Blue/Black). I like them however the buckle on the strap broke. How can I get a new strap with buckles?

Thanks, Bob

bobgads, I recommend replacing with spring straps, makes life a lot easier.

Just got back from Coz and these fins were great against the current. No problems at all.

HI Bob-
We replied to your PM. We also offer TA-80 spring straps as an accessory option. Spring straps are a nice addition as lucidblue points out.

I will add that I started out on Black Tusa XPert Zoom fins 1.5 years ago..

I needed the extra speed to keep up with my wife who is a very fast swimmer.
She was using some Tusa blade style fins and with the splits I was able to at least match her.

Fast forward to now and she has bought me some Bio Fins and I gave her my Tusas. We just got back from Cozumel and she reports that she has less leg pain with the splits and did enjoy them.

We are going to order spring straps for hers now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom