Tunisia diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vernon

Reaction score
Does anyone know about diving in Tunisia?, Waht is it like, any dive centres there?

Hi Vernon,

Did you ever find out anything about diving in Tunisia, and did you actually get the chance to dive? I'll be in Tunisia in about 2 weeks and I hope to get a few dives... I believe there may be a few waterfront dive operations relatively close to my hotel, which is the Golden Soviva in Port el Kantaoui.

Any advice that you can offer will be gratefully received :)))

Cheers,
Mick

Didn't find out much, but the little i did was not that encouraging. Back in Dahab, this will do me.

Vern

mikmak:
Hi Vernon,

Did you ever find out anything about diving in Tunisia, and did you actually get the chance to dive? I'll be in Tunisia in about 2 weeks and I hope to get a few dives... I believe there may be a few waterfront dive operations relatively close to my hotel, which is the Golden Soviva in Port el Kantaoui.

Any advice that you can offer will be gratefully received :)))

Cheers,
Mick

Hi. I have just returned from Hammamet in Tunisia. My 13 year old son and I have successfully completed the PADI OW certification with odysea diving school. As the dive school is going through a major refurb and upgrade we were taught at another dive school which was good although the equipment was very tired. However, the people and Selim(the manager of the dive school) in particular made us very welcome and carried out the course in a professional manner. We did the intense course where we did the theory at home and then concentrated on the skills and open water dives. One of them was done next to a WWII german boat wreck which we managed to view after the skills. Their website is: http://www.odyseadiving.com/. They have several shipwreck sites to dive which look excellent.
It was also very good value as the whole course worked out around £375 which was £150 less than doing it back in England in freezing cold water! The local hotels are excellent as are the people. I can thoroughly recommend the place.

Vernon:
Does anyone know about diving in Tunisia?, Waht is it like, any dive centres there?

Hi Vernon,

I guess you'll have been to Tunisia by the time you get this reply.... I forgot about the ScubaBoard forum for a while, as I was busy with other matters ;o)

As it happens, I had a few dives last October, whilst I was staying in El Kantoui - and basically it was pretty mediocre stuff. Very little variety in terms of dive site locations or profile. About the only memorable recollection was the octopus handling - and I can now spot an octopus lair at some considerable distance!

If you have any other plans or options in the Med., I would recommend Greece (Zante) or Turkey (Kusadasi) rather than Tunisia...

Cheers,
Mikmak

I just came back from a Djerba in Tunesia and I did 2 wreck dives. There are a lot of wrecks of boats and subs along the coast. I visited a WWII transporter and the 4 assault tanks that is transported. Last year I visited Hammamet but due to bad weather the diving was not great. I now some web-sites about wrecks of boats and WWII subs along the tunisian coast.

Vernon:

Hi Vernon,

I managed a couple of speculative dives last October when I was on a regular 'beach holday', staying in El Kantoui. I'd describe the experience as mediocre, and not as good as Mallorca (Porto Pollensa), Greece (Zante) or Turkey (Kusadasi), which are the only other parts of the Med that I've dived.

Where do you normally dive?

Cheers,
Mick

Back
Top Bottom