Turks and Caicos Trip, end of August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uber Dave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So...I figured out how to get covid tested and get my results back within the five day window. I had my doctor put in a order with the local hospital which is an accredited testing lab according to T&C. They do a quick turn around within 24 hours for pre-op procedures. I told them I was going in for a colonoscopy. I know....I know... it's a little white lie to get around the wait time but I thought it was necessary.

Now the other problem is I will probably have to self quarantine for 14 days when I get back which throws a monkey wrench into my plans for my other vacation to the Outer Banks, N.C.. So it looks looks like it's gonna be one or the other. But at the moment another storm is brewing in the Atlantic which could make my decision for me.

Crazy messed up year!!!

Let us know how it goes. Any trip plan outside the U.S. from here in the short-term future seems like quite a gamble these. If I were in a good position to go now, I'd have my eye on southeast Fl (but COVID case upswings sound scary) or North Carolina. Not in the cards right now.

Well I'm not too worried about T&C. They don't have a lot of cases and I'm not staying on the island or really mingling with anyone outside the LOB and the airport...so its two weeks away things could change.

I will definitely update everyone when I know more.

Also I booked this through Explorer Ventures and I' pretty sure this will be there first trip since the lock down ended. So it looks like we're the test subjects on this one

My fear would be more a fellow passenger with an as yet unknown case makes it onto the live-aboard (hopefully the testing will block that!). That fear wouldn't stop me from going, and I'm jealous and happy you're getting in a trip. I think you're going to like the diving.
Thanks for letting us know about the rapid testing turn around. Things have changed enough over time with COVID-19 testing, I imagine it's hard to plan a trip well in advance because getting the right (e.g.: PCR, not rapid antigen) test someone wants in the time frame (sample taken x days before trip) and results back and ready to present (in hand before you board a plane)...sounds nerve wracking to me.
Not practical for me to head out now, but if I were planning a trip, I think I'd be picking from southeast Florida, North Carolina or California options - to avoid potential international hassles.

Will be curious to hear how this goes. We were (technically still) booked for Aqua Cat the middle of September. That trip is all but guaranteed to be pushed off until next year since the Bahamas is essentially closed back down and has a 14 day quarantine period when you enter the country.
We are now playing the odds and tentatively going to go to Belize for the same time period on a liveaboard there, assuming they open up in time. Not sure we will get that one either but I am hedging bets.
Mrs. Flush asked me what we are doing if that one doesn't go and I couldn't give her an answer other than "dive". Not sure where it will be but it will be somewhere.

Just yesterday i received an email from Explorer Ventures with a link for all the info you need for arrival into T&C. I bought the recommended medical insurance, which is also on the info site, just to be safe. They also have a covid test kit you can order. You have to have a medical facility administer the test then you overnight it to the lab and you're supposed to get results back in 48 hours. I really don't know if that will work or not and it does cost money I don't how much.

Here's the link:
tcisafe

. I told them I was going in for a colonoscopy. I know....I know... it's a little white lie to get around the wait time but I thought it was necessary.

A friend and I were having a related conversation this morning about COVID queue jumpers who want to travel. I worry that this will become more commonplace as time goes on and that those in need will find themselves having to wait.

Back
Top Bottom