Turks and Caicos Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

'Sevencorners' is offering travel medical plans specifically inclusive for Covid-19.
I've signed up with them after some moderate research and skimming of fine print.
I can't say it's airtight, but the pricing was reasonable enough (moreso with a high deductible) and I didn't see any glaring exclusions.

I know nothing of the company - stumbled on them through a targeted add when i was booking tickets. But they seem to be first out of the gate for this new market.

(Really, this is only covering COVID for me as between DAN, my regular policy and a dozen credit cards with assorted coverages most everything else should be covered already.)

Thanks for sharing that-

I wonder if they will be on the approved list tomorrow? I better see if they are domiciled in the islands somewhere :wink:

Now it looks like the insurance is a recommendation and not a requirement. I think if you are leaving the US you should have coverage and if my trip works out I will have it anyway.

Now it looks like the insurance is a recommendation and not a requirement. I think if you are leaving the US you should have coverage and if my trip works out I will have it anyway.
Interesting. Do you have a link you can share?

I was just looking at the Turks and Caicos Tourism site. I apologize but I am not good at attaching links but if you type in a search for Turks and Caicos it is easy to find.

Thanks Shmuggy- I just looked again and I believe it still says you will be required to have an insurance policy covering COVID related incidents.

1. What requirements are needed prior to arrival in Turks and Caicos Islands and to obtain the pre-authorization certification?
  1. A negative COVID-19 PCR test result from an accredited laboratory. The test must have been taken no more than five (5) days prior to travel to the Turks and Caicos Islands.
  2. Medical/Travel insurance that covers COVID-19 medical costs, full hospitalization, doctors’ visits, prescriptions and air ambulance/medevac.
  3. Completed a health screening questionnaire and Travel Authorization Form
  4. All persons should certify that they have read the privacy policy document.

But further down in the FAQ's, it does say "recommended"

7. Does the TCI Government recommend a specific travel/medical insurance company?
We recommend purchasing, or inquiring about the addition of with your existing insurance company, coverage to include COVID-19 medical costs, full hospitalization, doctors’ visits, prescriptions and air ambulance/medevac.

I believe this is an ultra-polite West Indies way of saying they are not going to be advertising carriers that offer COVID coverage.

The TCI assured portal is not live yet, I imagine it will be up before the end of the week- If people are planning on arriving by 7/23 reopen date they need to have their documents and test results uploaded or they cannot board the plane.

Now they are saying the TCI Assured portal will be up and running on July 17.

They also released the law governing their COVID response:

Regulations

I am not sure we are willing to risk 14 day quarantine, $3,000 fine and all the stress involved in making this trip happen.

Portal is live, but you can only begin entering your information (5) days before travel.

My girlfriend and I are supposed to fly out to T&C on the 8th for an Aggressor LOB.

I don’t see us being able to do the trip because of the 72 HR Covid PCR test/results prior to leaving.

I have been researching down in Florida how fast I can get results for this test and the fastest it looks like is 5-7 days which blows our trip out of the water.

Anyone have thoughts on how to get the PCR test in that window? Pretty tight!!

Kyle
hey guys just an update the requirments are a negative covid test within 5 days prior of arrival! it is tight to achieve but totaly possible!!!! see you soon!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom