Turks and Caicos Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were just talking about this tonight- We would have the same problem in Michigan getting the test results within 72 hours of the trip, not to mention the insurance portion.

T & C also just locked down again until July 20. Their cases are on the rise. Not sure how realistic our trip is at this point, but we are not going to cancel until after they "reopen" or delay the reopening again.
hey guys its changed you need a negative covid test 5 days prior to arrival!

Yes, that is a little better.

Currently PCR results in Michigan are about 3-5 days, so it will be cutting it close.

Trying to find somewhere that can guarantee to have the results back in 48 hours, we are willing to pay for it just need to find somewhere with the capabilities!

Five days is an improvement, but depending on where you live it's still not realistic. I'm down here in Florida and Covid is going bonkers here making it very difficult to get a test done for somebody who isn't even showing any symptoms at all. And just to be clear, the test has to be performed within five days of travel and results in-hand and uploaded to the TCI Assured Portal.

Currently going back and forth with Liveaboard.com to try and get out of this trip (voucher). Even if I could find someone that claims they could get me results back in 4-5 days what if we don't get results for 6 days? I literally can't imagine having all my stuff packed ready to go and pulling my hair out waiting for an email with negative results. I work in manufacturing for a living and already deal with enough stress, vacation isn't supposed to add more lol. I'd rather take a voucher for a year out as I am hopeful things are less restrictive by then and we have a better shot at our money being used on a fun trip that we actually get to go on. We have about $6,000 total in on the trip and for us, it is a lot and we have saved and saved and saved and I'd rather not risk losing that all because some lab forgets to run the samples when they were supposed to or something.

Liveaboard.com is supposed to have an answer for me this time tomorrow. Crossing my fingers at least for a voucher...

Five days is an improvement, but depending on where you live it's still not realistic. I'm down here in Florida and Covid is going bonkers here making it very difficult to get a test done for somebody who isn't even showing any symptoms at all. And just to be clear, the test has to be performed within five days of travel and results in-hand and uploaded to the TCI Assured Portal.

Currently going back and forth with Liveaboard.com to try and get out of this trip (voucher). Even if I could find someone that claims they could get me results back in 4-5 days what if we don't get results for 6 days? I literally can't imagine having all my stuff packed ready to go and pulling my hair out waiting for an email with negative results. I work in manufacturing for a living and already deal with enough stress, vacation isn't supposed to add more lol. I'd rather take a voucher for a year out as I am hopeful things are less restrictive by then and we have a better shot at our money being used on a fun trip that we actually get to go on. We have about $6,000 total in on the trip and for us, it is a lot and we have saved and saved and saved and I'd rather not risk losing that all because some lab forgets to run the samples when they were supposed to or something.

Liveaboard.com is supposed to have an answer for me this time tomorrow. Crossing my fingers at least for a voucher...
Almost seems like they do not want you to visit?

Belize has also set some very strict entrance requirements.

Some other places have simply said "You are not welcome. You cannot come here."

Unfortunately every country seems to be creating unique rules. Makes it hard to keep things straight.

I feel for you. My trip was supposed to be last month and I kept pressing them through late March, April and into May to get some kind of answer, but unfortunately absolutely nothing happened until Aggressor decided to cancel the sailing in May. I think they will just relay messages back and forth, but actually won't/can't do anything on their own and are simply waiting for Aggressor to take some kind of action.

@O-ring

Just an update from us on our trip. It took forever, but we were able to finally get a couple of vouchers for re-booking purposes, phew. I went back and forth for weeks with Liveaboard.com and all they could keep telling me is we haven't heard from the operator yet, haven't heard back, etc. I decided to cut to the chase and call Aggressor directly. I talked to a lady there, Erin (who was fantastic), and within 48 HRs I had vouchers for Debbie and I after putting in an email why it is difficult for us to travel right now along with our concerns (largely getting the Covid test/results within 5 days...highly skeptical of pulling that off here in Florida).

We did have our bookings during a 25% travel the world week. The vouchers say they are eligible for a 7 night free stay through Aug 8th 2021 with deluxe accommodations (what we booked). I have an inquiry in with Aggressor to ask a couple of questions, namely, can we book any week for the same price even regular priced trips and also can our voucher dollar value be applied to another location that may not be as strict next year as Turks and Caicos (if things do not improve, but am hopeful).

If possible, I will just book directly through Aggressor from now on. That was a load of BS having to deal with Liveaboard.com. Their customer focus was terrible in my opinion for trying to organize a trip of this magnitude/cost. I would have expected better.

Good luck to all and safe travels!!

I would also recommend you consider a good travel agent. I use Mike at Reef and Rainforest and he has been invaluable negotiating this stuff and then making sure both the LOB and I understood what we were willing to do. I also had to cancel a trip to T&C for the same reason- no way to get a PCR test back in time - which is probably true for all of the US. Anyway- my trip was cancelled - as expected- and my money credited back to my credit card.

It really is too bad because on a LOB we wouldn't be running around their country infecting anyone if we had it. A LOB can really control our exposure to the population and then what we do once on board.

Good to hear Aggressor stepped up and did the right thing.

They got hit with a double whammy now, this was their first week back at sea and the hurricane rolls through....

Almost seems like they do not want you to visit?

Belize has also set some very strict entrance requirements.

Some other places have simply said "You are not welcome. You cannot come here."

Unfortunately every country seems to be creating unique rules. Makes it hard to keep things straight.
I know right!

Imagine the nerve of a sovereign nation taking the steps that it believes are appropriate to protect its people without considering your convenience.

@O-ring

Just an update from us on our trip. It took forever, but we were able to finally get a couple of vouchers for re-booking purposes, phew. I went back and forth for weeks with Liveaboard.com and all they could keep telling me is we haven't heard from the operator yet, haven't heard back, etc. I decided to cut to the chase and call Aggressor directly. I talked to a lady there, Erin (who was fantastic), and within 48 HRs I had vouchers for Debbie and I after putting in an email why it is difficult for us to travel right now along with our concerns (largely getting the Covid test/results within 5 days...highly skeptical of pulling that off here in Florida).

We did have our bookings during a 25% travel the world week. The vouchers say they are eligible for a 7 night free stay through Aug 8th 2021 with deluxe accommodations (what we booked). I have an inquiry in with Aggressor to ask a couple of questions, namely, can we book any week for the same price even regular priced trips and also can our voucher dollar value be applied to another location that may not be as strict next year as Turks and Caicos (if things do not improve, but am hopeful).

If possible, I will just book directly through Aggressor from now on. That was a load of BS having to deal with Liveaboard.com. Their customer focus was terrible in my opinion for trying to organize a trip of this magnitude/cost. I would have expected better.

Good luck to all and safe travels!!
Very cool...glad it worked out. I didn't try to contact Aggressor directly, but that's a good idea to keep in mind if I need to deal with them again. My voucher explicitly states that it isn't transferable and is only good for T&C, but like you, I wouldn't mind being able to use it somewhere else depending on what's going on with covid when I decide to try to rebook. So far I am sitting on it since it seems like it is too early to try to rebook.

Back
Top Bottom