Turtle Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jadairiii

Contributor
Reaction score
Super short video of an encounter my buddy and I had with a turtle on last Saturday's dive, little guy kept swimming towards us, I kept having to backwards kick away from him so as not to run into him.

I posted this in advanced diving only because you see in the shots our scooters, didnt want to violate some rule...Enjoy

Super short video of an encounter my buddy and I had with a turtle on last Saturday's dive, little guy kept swimming towards us, I kept having to backwards kick away from him so as not to run into him.

I posted this in advanced diving only because you see in the shots our scooters, didnt want to violate some rule...Enjoy

@jadairiii Where was this? We had a smallish Loggerhead very similar to this one do this exact thing to our group in Jupiter in late December. It had been sleeping and we accident woke him/her up and they were just so inquisitive. They came up to each one of us almost as if to say hello before swimming off. I wonder if it could be the same turtle?

Pompano Beach, south of Hillsboro inlet. This guy saw us and came right to us, like we owed him money or something!

Close enough it could possibly be the same turtle. Similar behavior and similar size.

Pompano Beach, south of Hillsboro inlet. This guy saw us and came right to us, like we owed him money or something!

You don't owe the turtle money. You owe the turtle food. If you feel guilty enough though, you can pay me the money! :wink:

You don't owe the turtle money. You owe the turtle food. If you feel guilty enough though, you can pay me the money! :wink:

When I first started diving a green turtle was food!!! (and delicious at that :) )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom