Turtle Fins XXL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
did you demo them with your current boots and suit yet?
the reason i ask is i had 3xl and felt they were too big but loved the torque generated when using them ... so i moved to 2xl and found very literally that they did NOT work the same way and actually achieved less thrust ... i sold them, went back to 3xl after trying jets, slipstreams, rockets, hollis, and mares... attached slightly tighter spring heels and have never looked back ... i may be incorrect but i believe the structure of the 2xl are different than the 3xl and this may be why there was a clear difference ....
if you are a newer diver with less experience with fin feedback when frogging, especially when reverse finning, you may not notice the difference, but your file clearly states you have over a thousand dives ...

hope this helps ...

also, i found nothing "wrong with" jets, slipstreams, or mares, just found the turtles much more applicable to my needs (northeast wreck diving)

PM Sent

Thanks for the replies! I did get a pair.

Thanks RonzoTheGreat, My problem is getting fins to fit. I just moved to a new DUI dry suit with rockboots. The neoprene attached feet on the suit plus some med insulation with XL SP Jetfins don't fit, hence why I'm going with the Turtle fins with the larger pocket. I have size 11 feet with normal width for a guy. The Jet fins will work with my wet suit and neoprene boots when I dive wet.

Cheers, Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom