TUSA BCJ-6900 vs BCJ-8000C

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ksporry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Guys,
I spotted some good deals for Tusa Wing BCDs and was curious about opinions.
First of all, can someone tell me what the crucial difference is between the BCJ-6900 and the BCJ-8000?
Secondly, How well does either do in practise? Any specific pro's/con's worth mentioning?

Both are rear-inflation BCs, where the BCJ-8000 seems to be the luxury version: more padding (back and shoulders), stainless steel D-rings, roll out pocket, knife mount, active purge assist deflator. Although I don't have experience with these specific BCs (but I do with more than enough other jackets), they'll likely both dive pretty good, with the 8000 being quite a bit more comfortable out of the water. If you're interested in rear inflation BCs, you may also want to look at the Mares Hybrid Pure, the Aqualung Black Diamond, the Subgear Vapor, the Scubapro Knighthawk, or a stainless steel backplate with a wing.

Here's a question about size. So I looked at the tusa size charts, and I was wondering how accurate they are. I just received the 8000 in the mail, and it indicates "Euro M/Asia L", and trying it out, it's definitely too small, so I need to return it. I'm 190, 100kg, so technically that should be a tusa L according to their charts. The seller said that the size indications, which match tusa size charts, are Asia sizes, and the biggest size us XL, which is Asia XL. In theory a euro L should fit me, but if they fall small, then they won't. So I was wondering if someone can confirm the accuracy of the sizes on the charts.

To be completely honest, I never trust size charts in general. With your height and weight, I'd say an L would be good for you, but as this all depends on how the weight is distributed over your body, there's no real way to tell. By the way, the sizes in the website's size chart don't seem to be Asian, I think they're Euro sizes. Best way to tell whether a BC (or any piece of gear for that matter) fits, is by trying it on. My suggestion would be to drop by your local diveshop and try one there.

I'm in shanghai, the few shops they have here don't have my size for any BCD generally, and they don't order any just to see if it fits well. That kinda sucks. I ordered one once which had a label that said euro M / Asia L, and definitely that size was far too small. The agent in shanghai said they don't exist bigger. They use the same tusa chart on their website, but it's obviously off by one size at least.

got my BCD in today, I must say, it fits like a glove! I look forward to putting it through its paces :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom