Tusa BCJ-6900 X-PERT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone out there own this BCD? I can't seem to find any reviews on it.

I own an X-Pert. I really like it. It's very comfortable and dives well.

What I like about it:
- secondary tank strap to secure tank from moving
- packs easily
- back inflator
- very adjustable
- intergrated weight system
- looks good

What I don't like about it:
- tiny pockets which are hard to reach (but I think all back inflators are like that)
- plastic d-rings
- thin chest and cummerbund straps with plastic clips which look really cheap

I'd recommend it.

Any specific thing you'd like to know about it?

Thanks huisen. Nothing specific. Just wanted to see some pros/cons on it. Thanks for your reply. This BCD is price well compared to other back inflated BCDs.

I own this BCD also and agree with huisen. The one thing that wasn't listed in the likes was that even though the D rings are plastic, there are more than enough to clip off your equiment to in reachable positions. I really like the adjustability of the cumberbund, and the straps are adjustable as well. My biggest problem is the size of the pockets--it's almost impossible to get anything into them. Other than that, I love this BC--it had everything that I was looking for.

I think TUSA is a lot better than people realise. Well, here anyway where brands seem to matter so much and divers (inc. me) are so flash!

I actually was listing the number of available accessory attachment points, like scuba&golf said, as an advantage but removed it for some reason.... Anyway.... It's very true. I don't use all of them and I have the standard stuff - SPG and octopus; and clip on additional stuff - sausage, reel, slate, folding knife and camera.

Since the price is competitive (okay, read cheap! LOL!) compared to other back inflators, you might do well to pick this one up.

Oh. And a tip for using integrated weights. I need 3kg where a lot of places have only 1kg weights. No half weights and no one and a half. I've often had to dive with 2 in the weight pockets and one on a weight belt.... which is a bit silly since I have integrated weights so I don't need to bother with the weight belt. I've just learnt a new trick which is to put the odd weight on the secondary tank strap where it also acts as trim weight. Am I the only dumbass who didn't know this one?

huisen,

Have you used the trim pockets on the back of the BCJ for your extra weight? I usually put 2 lbs. in each pocket, and then whatever else I need (usually 10 more lbs.) in the integrated pockets--maybe you won't need to attach weight to the secondary tank strap.

One more great thing about this BCJ--the inflator hose can be unscrewed from the attachment point and removed. This is great if you use the integrated inflator/secondary, especially if you travel--you can take the inflator hose off and carry it on and not worry about anything getting damaged by the luggage handlers. This BCJ also has a right shoulder dump and 2 back dump valves, so you can dump air from just about any position.

this bcd caught my eye initially because scuba.com is selling it for $420 and then you get a $150 scuba.com gift certificate with it. right now i've read about the tusa 6900, the zeagle stiletto and the oceanic excursion. i guess i just need to head into my dive shop and try them on and see which one fits/feels the best on me.

Over here our weights are in kgs. I'd use the trim pockets if the dive centers had half kilo weights! :) At least the dive center in Sipadan Water Village had 1.5kg weights. That solved my odd numbered weight problem and I just used 2 of them in the weight pockets.

Good tip about the hose. When I travel I don't take it off, I just loosen it and turn it around 180 so it doesn't bend onto itself and is always straight. I pack 2 BCDs in the case because my girlfriend is my constant dive companion. She uses the BCJ-6910 Selene Wing which is the ladies' version of the X-Pert.

Let us know which BC you go for in the end, Dan. cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom