Tusa IQ 750 Element II Backlight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CandiveOz

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
For those of your who own a Tusa IQ 750 Element II, have you had any issues turning on your backlight? I changed the battery. In "U" (utilities) settings, I increased the duration to 10 seconds but pressing the "S" (side) button nothing. Does it only activate at depth? Its not a show stopper but I'm curious if anyone else has this issue.

Update
I contacted Tusa (Tabata) directly. They were surprised that the backlight had burnt out. They were aware of this problem with the IQ900 but not the IQ750. The computer is sealed so there is no way to fix or replace the backlight. Also, there is no exchange program where you can return the unit and for a nominal fee obtain a new/rebuilt one. Other than that the computer is still functional. I'll just have to shine my dive light on it during night dives which I do anyways since I hold my light with my right hand and the dive computer is on my left wrist.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom