TUSA IQ 900 issue: Not holding Nitrox info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flspy

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just purchased the IQ 900 Zen dive computer. I followed the instructions to the letter, but after saving my planned Nitrox Fo2 of 36%, it defaults back to "Air" after a certain amount of time. All my other settings seem to be saved- like my Po2, time, depth alarms, etc.

I have an older Mares Nitrox Surveyor that this is supposed replace. Good thing I brought both with me on my dive Sunday, or I would have been stuck with the air tables.

Can another owner or TUSA shed some light on this? I just got off the phone with TUSA and they really could not answer my question.

I'd also like to know why the computer defaults to 50% O2. I am not a tek diver, and i basically use the exact same mix all the time.

Last edited:
I got hold of another TUSA employee. He was a lot more helpful, and could speak English clearly but did not have the answer either.

After really drilling down through the manual and taking the online course, it appears that the Zen will delete your selections for FO2 after two hours. Then it defaults back to air.

Not a big fan of that- my old Mares keeps the last used gas mix in memory until you change it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom