Tusa Zen Wrist Dive Computer (IQ-900)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never mind! I just realized from the quick reference guide shared above that I was trying to access the fly and dsat screens from the Norm Alt screen rather than from the Norm main screen so that might have been the problem…I’ll try again after my next dive and let you know how it went!

......Or, Can someone please help me out with a “for dummies” way to enter those screens?........

We are developing the ZEN ONLINE SPECIALTY CLASS.
It should be completed by the end of January / Early February.

Also, the ZEN is already available in our simulator.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I know I said that as a total n00b that I was going to get some experience before making any big decisions on gear. But, my LDS is offering some good deals on gear before our first trip... and this computer is one of the items... and I'm thinking about it.

I read the descriptions I've found online and it does all the things I know I want a computer to do; the form factor looks really attractive to me, and so many people have told me that having one and learning how to use it beats the hell out of renting god knows what and being clueless.

So maybe I'll give the ol' credit card a workout today. =-) Any feedback pro/con on this as a first dive computer? Like I said, the feature set seems to fit my needs for basic n00b diving, but then again, what I don't know might be the most important stuff!

I recently purchased the Tusa IQ-900 Zen and I agree with elsegundotom on his assessment. I don't like not having the date there when you glance down at your watch. I'm okay with the watch band, but I have run into a bigger problem.

I've had this watch for only 7 days now, when I received it, I followed the instructions and "Woke" the watch up as required and all functions seemed to work as defined in the manual. I have no dives on this watch yet. Last night the display screen went blank. I tried pressing all the buttons and nothing would turn it back on. I then removed and reinstalled the battery in accordance with the battery replacement instructions and the watch is now working again. However, I don't like the fact that a brand new watch would malfunction like this.

Kevin

I encounter the same problem with the just recently bought tusa zen IQ-900 E.

It switches itself off, i noticed because it was so bad that in about 3 days it was running about 10 MInutes late from turning on and off.

I contacted the supplier in Phuket and he told me to send it down, i just hope that it won't take to long as i need the watch for work, Divemaster.

Does anyone encountered the same problem and got the watch replaced or was it a battle with the supllier to get the problem solved?

I talked to him before i send it down and he said he will have alook and contact Tusa.

We'll see, i just hope it's not dragging on for weeks!!!!

Hi,
I have the same problem. The watch loses time as it switches off. Sometimes one can push a few buttons to "wake it up" other times you just got to remove and replace the cell. Kitzi, any progress on your problem?
Regards
Akshay

I too bought the IQ-900 and had nothing but issues with it (battery seat was not well formed and would cause the computer to go dead mid-dive - the biggest and most reoccurring problem). Unfortunately the shop I purchased from is no longer and the Tusa customer service dept that I corresponded with was less than helpful.

Happily diving my Shearwater Predator while the Tusa IQ-900 sits idly in a box (sometimes working, most of the time, not).

If you are having an issue with your computer, contact your retailer or the TUSA office in your region. The computer should not "shut off" or have intermittent power. The computer should be evaluated immediately and more than likely be repaired or replaced under warranty (if purchased from an authorized retailer and within 24 month period).
US contact is scuba@tusa.com or 800-482-2282.

Back
Top Bottom