TWARS (This Week at Reef Seekers) . . . LIVE FROM PARIS!!! (May 14-21)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Want to travel??? Upcoming 2017 vacation trips:

• July 7-19 - Yap Immersion #1 (special 13-day trip featuring all that Yap has to offer)
[ LIMITED TO 12 DIVERS - 6 SPOTS LEFT ]
• July 21-August 2 - Yap Immersion #2 (week #2 - same sked as above)
[ LIMITED TO 12 DIVERS - 6 SPOTS LEFT ]
• September 1-6 - Great White Sharks of Guadalupe on the Nautilus Belle Amie [ ONLY 1 SPOT LEFT ]
• November 2-12 - Fiji (SW area near Suva) on the Fiji Aggressor [ SOLD OUT!!! ]

GET MORE INFO ON ALL OF OUR VACATION TRIPS HERE: www.reefseekers.com/foreign_trips.html
————————————————————————————————————————————
Upcoming local dives & classes:
• DIVE - Tues., 5/23 (NOTE DATE CHANGE) - Night dive at Redondo (6PM - FREE!!)
• DIVE - Sat., 6/3 - Avalon UW Park ($150)
To sign up for any of these dives, either call us at 310/652-4990 or e-mail us at kenkurtis@aol.com

————————————————————————————————————————————
Bonjour . . .

GREETINGS FROM PARIS - Normally post-Chamber Day I flee to Bonaire or some other dive location but this year I've gone to Europe and specifically Paris. A friend of ours is getting married and wanted to do a "destination wedding" so here we are. It was relatively easy to get here (American LAX-DFW and then DFW-CDG) and we hit the ground running yesterday with a tour of the Eiffel Tower and then a dinner cruise down the Seine. The Eiffel Tower is as big and impressive as you'd expect and the views from the top (we went all the way up to what they call the "Sommet") are spectacular as you're 1,000 feet high. The weather will be so-so while we're here with some rain expected later in the week but we're in full tourist mode with bus/metro passes, museum passes, and a full sked planned. Plus we're planning on a day trip to Normandy tomorrow (Tuesday) to see the D-Day landing sites and cemeteries and I expect that to be very moving. Plus I watched "Hacksaw Ridge" on the flight in (excellent, BTW) to sort of set my mindframe. If you're interested in following what's going on this week, I'll be posting updates on my personal Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/kenkurtis). In the meantime, here's a bit of what we saw yesterday, including a replica Statue of Liberty (it was a gift from France, you know):
PRS_2017(LR6).jpg
PRS_1967(LR6).jpg
PRS_2049(LR6).jpg

WISH I'D PAID MORE ATTENTION TO MY FRENCH CLASS IN HIGH SCHOOL - We're managing to muddle through but the biggest problem I have this morning is that my AOL homepage comes up in French and I can't figure out how to translate it or have it read the US version instead of the French one. C'est la vie.

DATE CHANGE FOR NIGHT DIVE - I now have a schedule conflict for May 24 so have moved the Redondo night dive up one day, to Tuesday, May 23. Please make a note and if you plan on joining us, remember that you need to call (310/652-4990) or e-mail e to let me know.

FEEL-GOOD VIDEO OF THE WEEK - It's pitched as "Whale Shark Asks for Help" and while I don't think I'd characterize it as such, you'll smile when you see divers cutting away a large rope that was wrapped around this full-grown Whale Shark: Diver Doesn’t Understand What This Gentle Giant Wants – Until It Grabs A Hold Of His Hand!.

And that'll do it for now. Have a great week and let's go diving soon!!! Au revoir!!!!

- Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom