Twin 45's back from Hydro and valves/manifold rebuilt.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One day I’m going to have to see if somebody will let me try a double hose for a few minutes.

Well, if you ever get down to my corner of the country I'll take you out for a dive and you can try a DH! I have added many converts to my flock my child......

One day I’m going to have to see if somebody will let me try a double hose for a few minutes. I got into the hobby late enough that double hoses were completely nonexistent, and not yet retro enough to be ironically vintage or whatever it is... :) I’m also young enough to have never seen an episode of Sea Hunt. I would like to understand the appeal better. Even without the nostalgia, they look cool enough...

I have a couple here at the house, you are welcome to try one. I have vintage and Kraken.

One day I’m going to have to see if somebody will let me try a double hose for a few minutes. I
If you're ever in the lower Alabama/Florida panhandle area, let me know... I have a couple options I'd let you try.

if the straps are too short then the holders are very close to the plate and i'm always afraid they will scratch one of my rechromed DoubleHose regulator cans.

You can put on a neoprene sock (cover) on the regulator cans for protection. We did this back in the '50s and '60s.

Yours is much more professional! I'm cheap (ask anyone). I only did it my way (with the weight stops behind the plate) so that there would not be any stress on the stitching. (In other words, I have zero confidence in my ability to stitch two pieces of webbing together so it will hold. :) )

Not to worry, I've got some crap stitching of mine that's been around with decades of use. It's more about the durability of the thread, and the stresses involved. As long as you don't use the strap to pull your car out of a ditch...

Not to worry, I've got some crap stitching of mine that's been around with decades of use. It's more about the durability of the thread, and the stresses involved. As long as you don't use the strap to pull your car out of a ditch...

Come on now, it really seems to me that Mike Nelson would have done something like that... :)

I bought a 1950's vintage Singer sewing machine for $100 that I use to sew webbing using upholstery thread. Once you dial in the machine settings it works great.

Back
Top Bottom